cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet - 'Could not bring up link'

lindmp

No internet - 'Could not bring up link'

Hi,

I use my own Router+modem (get better speeds) the router had a software update last Thrusday so i updated as usual it rebooted but with no internet, Thinking there was a problem with the router update i have since tried using my old modem/router and also the Technicolor one provided by Plusnet and still no internet the Technicolor has an error message 'Could not bring up link' have also tried different microfilter and cables we did have a storm end of last week but see no outages in my area.

7 REPLIES 7
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: No internet - 'Could not bring up link'

Sorry to hear that.

I'm struggling to find your account so if you can PM me your username I'll get that looked into.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
lindmp

pm sent, bump.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Let us know if the steps I sent don't work.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
lindmp

reset router logged in and changed defualt login to mine still same error "could not bring up link" broadband light is solid green internet light went red whilst trying to connect.

lana1954

Same, i have had no internet for well over a week now.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@lana1954 I'm picking up your PM.

[edit]

I can see a engineers booked for tomorrow. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do in the meantime.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Cyanu

Hi there,

I am having the exact same problem. Day 1 I received an email from support saying my upload speed was changed - I did not request this. Straight after my broadband connection died and I have the same error message as the two people on this thread. Chatted with online support who tested my line, said there is a fault and pasted me a link to report - which I did straight away. Automated response saying they are testing the line and may need 24 hrs. Today is Day 3 and no one has picked up my ticket yet.

Please can someone pick up my ticket #134931129? My last ticket took one month for Plusnet to reply but this is urgent as I literally have no Internet connection!

Thank you!!