cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming emails getting through

Gareth
Dabbler

No incoming emails getting through

Realised today that I hadn't received any incoming emails on my plus.com address for 2 weeks, not my main one.
Have switched off spam filtering and Edge two hours ago, not sure how long before change effective - just  tried sending myself emails to plus.com - but none have arrived.
On level 1 filtering before, Edge was off.
I use pop3, no problems with 2 other addresses.
Any thoughts ?
Cheers
8 REPLIES 8
madbanana
Grafter

Re: No incoming emails getting through

Hi, I've suffered this too - nothing received for almost two weeks.
After much back and forth with CSC it's finally been fixed today with no explanation.
If it's any consolation, after a few days delivery delay emails are sent to the original sender then a failed delivery email several days later.
Very frustrating, but once I realised the issue I was able to divert my domain to point elsewhere.  Pretty poor response to correcting the problem, despite all the bounce headers I sent!
Good luck!
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@Gareth, looks like you've been affected by Problem 51171 Customers domains not in Postini - Your mail was getting sent to Postini but there was no record for your domain in the database meaning the message was rejected with a 554 SMTP error. I've fixed this now and sent a test message to you. Emails sent prior to this will have been returned to the sender though I'm afraid! Sad
@madbanana, looks like you've been affected by Problem 50961 Customers email getting deferred by the mx.cores - You were in the Postini database but you emails were getting sent straight to the old mail platform and getting rejected with a 451 error. Now fixed and emails sent whilst it was broke will have been deferred. The sending server therefore would have reattempted delivery. Depending on the retry timeout of the sending server, some of the emails will have been bounced back to the sender but many will have eventually filtered through.
Apologies to both of you for the inconvenience.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Bob, is there a general fix on this for all people impacted or is it up to individual users to notice this and raise a ticket?
lingbob
Grafter

I set up a new mailbox this morning and sent myself a test email but it hasn't arrived yet Huh
Regards .....
madbanana
Grafter

Thanks Bob, I appreciate you taking the time to respond and explain. 
It's a shame it took so long to address, but I appreciate these things happen.
Fortunately it was email delayed and not lost.
Best wishes!
Gareth
Dabbler

Hi Bob
I'm afraid that your test mail is the only one to get through, I've sent several test mails to myself
throughout today but none have arrived  Sad
As you know I've raised a ticket which is still OS
Cheers
Gareth
Dabbler

I've worked out what my 'no incoming mail at all' ongoing problem was - the name of my default Mailbox didn't correspond to my actual email address.
I've no idea how that came about since the email address has been unchanged for several years now.
It wouldn't let me change the default Mailbox name, so,  in case it helps someone else, my solution was to create an alias for my real address and redirect mail from it to the mis-named Mailbox - eureka ! - it works  Roll_eyes
Gareth
Dabbler

Again, in case it helps someone else - I just tried switching the spam filter back on and again found my test mails not coming back.
But I've now got the message ...................  Embarrassed