Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No improvement in broadband speed since Sunday

hkalra
Dabbler

No improvement in broadband speed since Sunday

Hi Jojo,
I had reported the loss in speed last Sunday (6th Feb.) after I updgraded the firmware on my Thomson v8 router under the thread you started for reporting those issues. Since then I have started using my own Netgear router since the Thomson connectivity issues were not resolved with my Windows Vista laptops. On Sunday the speed had dropped from 2.5Mbps to a terrible speed of 400Kbps. It recovered to about 1.2Mbps on Monday and it has been around 1.4 to 1.5 Mbps since then and there has been no improvement even though the router has been switched on all the time since them. As far as I know my line supports a max speed of 3Mbps but I have never recieved that speed with Plus Net since I switched to them and when I was with Sky I used to get that speed consistently. Is there anything you can do at your end to check the reason for this drop in speed since I don't understand how is it possible that the speed dropped from 2.5Mbps to 400Kbps due to some problem at Plus Net side and since then it has not gone back up to the level it was.  Huh
Thanks,
H.
2 REPLIES 2
Apprentice
Grafter

Re: No improvement in broadband speed since Sunday

Can you post the router line stats and the data from the BT Performance Tester?
HTG the line stats
The BT PT > http://www.speedtester.bt.com/
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: No improvement in broadband speed since Sunday

HI hkalra,
It seems like there's an inconsistency between speeds. I have reset the line. This can take up to 24 hours but should solve it for you. It's really important you don't reboot during this time though.
Jojo Smiley