cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No fees when contract comes to an end?

tooslow
Grafter

No fees when contract comes to an end?

I read a post on here a while back asking whether any charges would be added to someone's account should they will to not renew their contract after 12 months - The answer was no.
So you can imagine my surprise that when call today to inform plusnet that I do not wish to renew my contact beyond its expiry date that I was told that there would be a cessation fee of £30 on top of my final bill.
Could Plusnet please clarify this?
Why should I be liable to pay more just not to renew my contract? Cry
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: No fees when contract comes to an end?

Hi tooslow,
The cessation fee is separate to contracts.
As the name suggests it's a fee we're charged by our suppliers to terminate your service with us.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: No fees when contract comes to an end?

And not charged if you migrate your service (using recognised migration methods) to another supplier using the same physical telephone line.
If you simply cancel your service then BT Openreach charge for removing DSL from the line, this charge is passed on.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.