cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dsl connection

Realblonde
Dabbler

No dsl connection

Hi there I hope someone can help me. I keep getting the Thompson gateway telling me I dont have a dsl connection. Plusnet assist couldnt fix it because I use Google chrome but it told me to uncheck the proxy server setting. The proxy server setting is not checked. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this? It is intermittent,mostly in the evening. Thanks in advance.  Smiley
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: No dsl connection

If it is a DSL connection which is down and not the internet then you need to raise a fault as this is nothing to do with the router settings
I suggest trying the test socket first as it is possible that interference from your internal wiring is mucking up your connection in the evening
Realblonde
Dabbler

Disconnections- any admin on?

Hi There
My partner tells me that he has experienced a few disconnections as well as the dsl problem. I havn't done any checking of my stats since we moved and my speed varies a bit according to the time of day. What do I need to post to see if I am getting the best performance I can? Will you be able to look at my Radius stats too? Thanks in advance, Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: No dsl connection

Posts merged - let's keep the problem in one place
I suggest starting with the information requested here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html
Realblonde
Dabbler

dsl problem

Thanks for doing that. I will be back as soon as I have finished cooking dinner  Smiley