cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dial tone since switching, internet dropping out multiple times a day,

deb6

No dial tone since switching, internet dropping out multiple times a day,

I've had no dial tone since switching from EE to plusnet. Had no issues when with EE but since moving to plusnet trouble aplenty. Phone did still work at first but have now had no working landline for over a week and internet is dropping all the time. Had 2 engineer visits and they've said it's an underground fault. Was told that an engineer would be coming out yesterday but have been told today they can't say when engineer will come or even if it will be before xmas. How long is deemed acceptable to wait for an engineer? I'm not at all happy and am beginning to wish I'd stayed with EE.

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: No dial tone since switching, internet dropping out multiple times a day,

@deb6  Welcome to the forum.

What you are describing is typical symptoms of one of the telephone wires coming to your home being broken/disconnected. All Plusnet can do is press other parts of BT for an ealy fix.

It could well be a coincidence that this has happened at the same time as the switch from EE.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: No dial tone since switching, internet dropping out multiple times a day,

Thanks for your post @deb6

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had since joining us.

I've checked your open fault and I can see that the fault lies with the cable in the underground ducts.To gain access to this roadworks are needed and these are currently planned for the 16th of January.

We'll continue to chase this for you and we'll update you as soon as we know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team