Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: No dial tone on broadband activation

Bad luck, keep kicking BT!
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Silly question maybe, but can't you borrow a router from someone to check if there's ADSL on the line?
Then you may have more ammunition for PN to use.
Bascule
Grafter

Thanks for the tip - have been round with my own router (so just needed to alter the user name and password) and NO BROADBAND EITHER! So have updated the tkt and await Plusnet's response.  Angry
Anotherone
Champion

You mean the phone wasn't fixed today? What a bunch of incompetents BT are!
Bascule
Grafter

Well, Dad couldn't wait around today so we moved the appointment to tomorrow. So that's not BT's fault.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

What a bleeding waste of time - waiting for an engineer to plug his test phone in to your master socket just so that he can say
"Your phones not working"
He'll then go all the way back to the exchange and find out that they've connected you up wrongly in the exchange.
The worst of it will be that he may find the problem before he calls, fix it and then try to pretend there was no problem and it must have been your fault all along.
PS: I don't have a very high opinion of BT - does it show?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anotherone
Champion

My opinion is getting worse, trouble is there are some very good techs/eng out there it is the managers who are the idiots.
Bascule
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
What a bleeding waste of time - waiting for an engineer to plug his test phone in to your master socket just so that he can say
"Your phones not working"
He'll then go all the way back to the exchange and find out that they've connected you up wrongly in the exchange.

YEP - EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED!  Angry
Why did we have to wait 4 days to be told by BT what we had told them 4 days ago? Why? It makes no sense! Surely it would have cost BT less money to have resolved the problem in less time. Less man-hours to send someone straight back to the exchange. Less compensation to be paid to the customer for mobile usage. I phoned them back to try and suggest that there might have been a better way of resolving this problem but they just said sorry but we have to do it this way. Madness!
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

BT work on the assumption that the problem is most likely with the customer and least likely with them.
Convenience, cost, balance of probabilities, common sense and customer knowledge are NOT taken into account.
Go on, someone from BT prove me wrong.  Grin
Anotherone
Champion

Write to OFCOM and complain about the way BTw & BTO operate. Write to the chairman of BT and complain about their working practises.
Without such complaints things will never change.