Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection since 'joining' Plusnet

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: No connection since 'joining' Plusnet

Hi robinelvin,
I've just been looking at the fault notes on the BT systems and it says the order was placed on 11/11/2010 and can take 1-3 working days so we will expect to know what's happening today. I can assure you we're doing everything we can for you and won't let it lie.
Jojo Smiley
robinelvin
Grafter

All I know is that day 3 was yesterday and it isn't working so BT better have a good excuse. I do hope you won't let it lie as I've almost lost patience over this. I am expecting an update from you soon. It seems putting anything on the ticket is a waste of time because nobody reads it until I call.
Not happy in the slightest.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi robinelvin,
The fault guy who you spoke to the other day is checking it out now and will call you shortly.
Jojo Smiley
robinelvin
Grafter

Unfortunately I was unable to take the call from your engineer but he informed me that BT were going to fix it within the hour and I should be up and running by 6pm. He also said he would check back with me.
I've just rung Plusnet after coming home to find nothing has changed and been told the engineer has gone home, not left an update and also BT are closed too. I requested that someone get onto this tomorrow first thing but was told that wasn't possible. I'm going to ring if I haven't heard anything by lunchtime to start a formal complaint. I don't care if it's BT's fault; my contract is with Plusnet and as such they should be more proactive.
I'm extremely close to cancelling and asking for my money back. Let this be a warning to others.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I wonder how many users PN are losing because of the unacceptable delays in getting activated?
Quote from: robinelvin
ColinW,
Just to let you know that you're not the only one. I've been waiting over 2 weeks to be connected, phoning regularly to keep being told it's a fault with the supplier. Nobody at Plusnet seems to want to own the problem and pursue it. I don't understand why I have to keep hassling.
I also simply want to know when my fault will be fixed but this seems to be a holy grail. Absolutely awful service, hardly "Award Winning" in my opinion and that recorded message only serves to rub salt in the wound.
To cap it all I've just got an email from them saying that as I've been active for 14 days they can now tell me my line speed! What a joke.
Good luck with your issue. If I'm not connected by tomorrow I'm cancelling and going back to Tiscali. You've got more patience than me.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
robinelvin
Grafter

In the interests of fairness I'd thought I'd post an update. My case is now being handled my Plusnet's Digital Care Team who have promised to own the problem until resolution. The blame for the fault lies squarely with BT and not Plusnet. However, I am disappointed it's taken so long to get to this stage.
Maybe I'll get connected tomorrow. BT's next update is 22nd Nov but Plusnet have assured me that they will be contacting BT well before that. Let's wait and see. It's Last Chance Saloon for both of them.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi robinelvin,
I've been liaising with the chap you spoke to earlier who will be taking ownership of this for you. Just to clarify, we are the Digital Care Team. The chap you spoke to is one of our senior faults agents so you're in very capable hands with him.
Jojo Smiley
robinelvin
Grafter

Hi Jojo,
I understand you are looking after this today. As of yet there is no change from my end so I presume BT haven't done the work. Would you please try to contact them before their cob today to find out what's happening?
Thanks
Robin
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Robin,
There's been no further activity. Alex will be in on Sunday and will chase it for you then.
Jojo Smiley
robinelvin
Grafter

Well, no call from Plusnet on Sunday despite being promised that my issue wouldn't be ignored.. (Needless to say there's still no connection either)
BT's update is today so I'm hopeful someone will let me know what's going on today. I'm not going to chase Plusnet any more as it seems fruitless.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi robinelvin,
I'm not sure why you weren't contacted yesterday, he doesn't seem to be here today either, so I'm not sure if he's ill or something. I've just checked for an update and it says the update is due at 1300hrs so I'll check after that for you.
Jojo Smiley
robinelvin
Grafter

Jojo,
Chasing (again) - what's the latest ETA from BT? I get the feeling they are just fobbing us off. I know you are at their mercy but surely you can put some pressure on them? Do they not have SLAs in place? You have a very disappointed customer as a result who is very glad he didn't sign up for a 12 month contract.
We're now approaching 1 month since I ordered broadband from you. This is ridiculous by anyone's standards.
Robin
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Robin,
Alex updated your ticket yesterday and said he will check again today, so once he has I'm sure he'll update you.
Jojo Smiley
robinelvin
Grafter

Hi,
I didn't chase for an update yesterday to give you a chance to find out of what was happening and update me. I didn't get any contact.
Can you tell me what the story is today, please?
Robin
P.S. Today is the 1 month anniversary of when I ordered the service from you.  Angry
Email just received:
"Now that you've had your new Internet service for nearly a month, we thought you might be interested to learn how you can get it for free!
We give customers the chance to reduce their subscription by recommending Plusnet to others."
Feels like a bit of a joke only I'm not laughing..........
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Robin,
I've just been on the phone to the suppliers and they tell me this is now in the final stage of progression and the solution is being implemented today. I am to call back later for an update.
Jojo Smiley