Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection, but have DSL sync!

caulbox
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: No connection, but have DSL sync!

I had similar authentication problems a couple of weeks ago. Apparently there was something amiss with my line. I seemed to have got that sorted, but then just a few days later I encountered quite a strange and somewhat worrying issue as I reported here Possibly that was an exception peculiar to my system, but I was able to access the net again after opening "Network Connections" (in XP) and selecting the option to Repair my connection.

Might be worth a try?
chesterfield
Grafter

thanks, but it certainly looks exchange or switch related at pn or bt's end. as i can connect and authenticate successfully using the bt test user account. using my in pn credentials the lcp tunnel fails according to erx27.sheffield5.
there was an issue about three days ago with erx26 that caused loss if service for some people in my area code (but not me). this looks like exactly the same problem but with the neighbouring router/switch.
will check the status of my ticket shortly.
chesterfield
Grafter

and as if by magic, bt fault 34235 states a problem with sheffield5 5 edge route switch 27.
it doesn't have my area code listed as affected but ill bet its connected.  im away from home right now so can't test though.
also funny how ut says it started at 10:45 this morning.  try 8am yesterday morning.  nothing like fudging the stats eh bt?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@chesterfield,
I've just had a look at your account/ I'm not sure if you were aware that the connection seems to be intermittent, in fact from what I can see it's back up at the moment. You should have a response from the faults team ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chesterfield
Grafter

I've not been aware of it being intermittent.  i ha e reported a couple of times or so yesterday eve and this morning but never connected to plusnet, just the bt test.  will see if all is well when i get home Smiley
chesterfield
Grafter

Returnd home and all is now fine.  I guess it must have been the ERX27 that BT identified after all.  Smiley
Now to research if the "pro" add on to the current prodcts will give me the same usenet speeds as my current "plusnet pro" package.  As there is no turning back.... gulp...
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I think you'll find the new pro just as effective, and probably cheaper Smiley