Did you mean: 

No broadband

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: No broadband

Hi @Tessa1

Thanks for the update on this one - I'm sorry to hear that this took so long to resolve.

Looking at your account, I can see that we had highlighted these issues to our suppliers at the very beginning of your fault report (on 18/06/19) but the root cause was initially reported as something unrelated to the exchange which unfortunately masked the issue until now. I can also see that we initially requested your availability for an engineer on 24/06/19 but this wasn't provided until 11/07/19 and then booked in at your request for 17/07/19 which further extended the downtime of your service.

I'm glad you're back online and will update your open fault ticket here with details of your downtime refund.

Best wishes

Dave

Tessa1
Hooked

Hi Dave,

so you appear to be saying that because I have a job and was not able to have a day off immediately it is somehow my fault.

My fault that you gave the wrong information for the switch at the exchange.  My fault I wasn't more quickly able to wait in for an engineer when there was no possibility that anything inside my house could have caused the problem.

Way to go accepting responsibility for your mistakes I see.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Tessa1,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I've covered this in more depth on the ticket that I've linked, but no, I'm not saying it's your fault that you have a job or other responsibilities - of course I appreciate that the majority are in this situation - I'm just clarifying  that the five week resolution time you've quoted in your previous post was exacerbated by some factors beyond our control - eg, your delayed response regarding your availability and the further delay caused by the advanced nature of the date you specified.

I fully accept that our suppliers should have picked up on and resolved this for you sooner and that you were not in any way responsible for the root cause of the issue, hence my response on the complaint ticket I've raised for you.

Best wishes

Dave

Tessa1
Hooked

I am frankly astonished and angry at your response.

I ordered and paid for upfront for line rental and broadband.  This is only because I have to rent the line to get broadband, my package does not include any phone calls.  You can also see I have made no phone calls in the time I have been with plus net.  I have phoned my own mobile without allowing it to go to voicemail in order to be sure the phone line was still working.

Because of your failure to provide the service I paid for I have spent hours on the phone with your tech team trying to sort out the problem, many more hours with friends and family trying to sort out the problem, and eventually had to use a day of annual leave to wait in for an engineer all to point out the bleeding obvious that the fault was not inside my house.

and the response from plus net is that it is my fault that I could not get a day off work sooner and that anyway you regard the package as line rental with broadband thrown in so the fact I have had no internet means you don't consider it has been a problem.

I am actually really angry about this and will see who I should appropriately raise a complaint with.

i am disgusted with your response.

all I wanted was a haste free change of supplier not all this argravation and then insults too.

Tessa1
Hooked

Here is a copy of plus nets response.

Dear Ms Lash,

Thank you for getting in touch via social media.

I am pleased to note that your connection issue is now resolved - I am sorry that the previous external engineer visits did not highlight the cross-jumpering of your line which took place when our suppliers set up your service.

I have checked your account to ascertain how much to credit you back for the downtime you've experienced, but have noted that you do not actually pay anything for your broadband service - it is entirely discounted.

As you have paid up front for your telephone service and as this was unaffected by the fault you experienced (as you've confirmed via our community forums) no credit would be due for loss of telephony functionality.

Significantly, although your fault was open for just over a month, a large proportion of that time (24th of June to 17th of July) was the time that your fault lay awaiting update from yourself in terms of your availability and/or awaiting the outcome of the engineer visit on the 17th. Had a broadband engineer been booked prior to this date, it is likely that your fault would have been resolved earlier.

That being said, there has clearly been a failure here in terms of the previous engineers that have been dispatched to your fault, in addition to the misjumpering of your connection at the point where your service was provided and for that, I would like to apologise - these factors were entirely beyond your control. On this basis, I would like to refund £20 from your upfront payment as a gesture of goodwill.

If you're happy for this to take place as full and final resolution to your complaint, please respond to this ticket and I'll ensure that this is processed for you as a priority.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Tessa.

Thanks for getting back to us.

We'd absolutely have loved a hassle free switch-over but unfortunately something went wrong with the provision of your service at the exchange, something we had no control over. When we place an order with Openreach we don't specify the exact details, that's all sorted by Openreach in the background. We basically just advise that we're wanting to takeover the line. 

While frustrating we'd also have loved to simply have sent an engineer to the exchange to fix this but as per our previous responses this wasn't possible sadly. That's not to pass the buck onto our suppliers as I understand you've ordered services from Plusnet, it's just a pragmatic view of what happened and how the industry works.

I'm sorry to see you feel we don't consider this problem. Even though the delay in booking the engineer was due to you needing to get time off work which we entirely appreciate and your broadband is free, we've offered you a gesture of goodwill that is more than 1 month line rental covering what you've paid us for the month you had no connection. 

This goodwill gesture I believe to be fair and proportionate for the inconvenience this causes bearing in mind that we can't provide compensation to cover any financial losses or time you've wasted. 

I can see @RandallFlagg has taken ownership of your complaint. If you can advise on your support ticket 191311862 what you're wanting as a resolution to your complaint, he'll review this and see if it's achievable or not.

He's currently out of the office but I believe he's off tomorrow and back in Friday.

Thanks again.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi Tessa,

Just a reminder that we are awaiting your response regarding ticket 191311862, please can you review this here and let us know once you've done so.

Thanks - LF