Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband-no light

limpopobongo
Dabbler

No broadband-no light

Hi all,

This is just a general discussion,,i have an open ticket on this one,still unresolved and mainly due to the xmas holiday shut down..what can you do?Huh

Anyway this is not the first time we have had issues with our ADSL line. I know its a good line because its quiet and when it works, it holds the line sync for a long time and at speeds of close to 7mb.  Anyway last week it suddenly went off. There is a dial tone and all phone services work but the router is showing disconnected and the light is off. I did all the fault finding from master test socket etc etc and its definitely in my view, a line/exchange issue.  I await final diagnosis and resolution. I wonder just how common pair pinching is? End users never really get to see resolution reports from openreach. I wonder how much pair pinching and general issues caused deliberately or inadvertently due to lack of knowledge/training by openreach employees or contractors are the cause of many service losses?? I know there is a lot of pressure on their engineers.  It must also be frustrating for ISPs as they are at the mercy of openreach and are getting it in the neck from their customers also who may not understand how the industry works.

2 REPLIES 2
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: No broadband-no light

Hi there @limpopobongo, if you could drop me a PM with the account username, I'd be happy to take a look at this for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: No broadband-no light

My interpretation of your question is: How incompetent/devious are Openreach employees and/or their contractors? I fear that whilst you may get opinions and horror stories, you will get no facts.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'