Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband for 5 days

tc9604
Hooked

No broadband for 5 days

Briefly... I've been having trouble with my broadband as follows:
- broadband stopped working Monday afternoon, have had only a few patches of very slow and very short-lasting service since (and nothing at all for the last couple of days).
- I raised a fault with PN first thing Tuesday morning and they have done tests and not identified the fault.  They plan to send an 'engineer' next week so I have cancelled work for a day.
- last night I found out that my neighbour has also had no broadband and phone service on Monday afternoon (through another supplier).
I know that my exchange was due to be upgraded to 21CN this week so thought this may be the cause; PN have said my fault is unrelated.  I'm getting increasingly frustrated; as my phone and broadband are both through PN there is no-one else I can call to investigate the issue.  
Has anyone undergone switchover to 21CN, and has their service been suspended during the week it took place?  
TIA
6 REPLIES 6
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Loss of service due to 21CN upgrade?

Mine happened overnight with probably minutes of down time.
See what the engineer finds, he may not even visit you.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
tc9604
Hooked

Re: Loss of service due to 21CN upgrade?

Thanks for the info.
If I'm going to cancel work for that day, he'd better visit!  Undecided
dick:quote
tc9604
Hooked

Re: No broadband for 5 days

Day 5 and nothing has happened. PN presumably do not work weekends so I am resigned now to 8 days with no service.
Sad
tc9604
Hooked

This morning I had a brief moment of snail's pace internet!  Can anyone help?  Do my router stats look 'normal', i.e. good service?  I was getting typically 2.5Mbps up until my problem began last week.  My router stats are as follows:

Link Information
Uptime: 0 days, 4:42:46
DSL Type: G.992.3 annex A
Maximum Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 888 / 4,348
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 888 / 3,352
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 2.44 / 13.86
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.0 / 18.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 21.0 / 42.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 10.0 / 9.0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 312 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 262,143 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 524,300 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 279 / 60,980
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 35 / 24
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 23 / 24
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi tc9604,
Your speed profile has been matched to your IP profile as it had been reduced following the disconnections you have had on your line. Hopefully you will see an improvement.
If not then please respond to your fault ticket #58974490 as they are looking at sending an engineer if no joy with this.
Chris
tc9604
Hooked

Chris,
Thanks for taking the time to help me - on a bank holiday too.
Speed has now returned to what I had prior to my original problem, however as your colleague mentions on my support ticket the connection is still unstable.  Hopefully it will remain usable until the booked engineer visit.
Tom.