cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No broadband connection for the last 2 days

flyingship

No broadband connection for the last 2 days

I haven't been able to get stable connection for the last 2 days. The DSL light on my router is constantly flashing, either it can't establish internet connection at all or if it does, it gets disconnected randomly soon enough it's not usable.

I have tried different cables, micro filters, routers on the master socket with nothing else plugged in; with same result.

The current problem started around 2 nights ago, but the same type of problem has been happening more frequently in the last few months (usually it returned to normal on its own). I've been a plusnet customer for years and the connection problem used to be very rare for me.

Also, how do I report faults these days? Looking for a way to report/contact in help & support had me going in circles just giving me the "guide", chat that's not working or phone no (and I don't have the time to sit in the phone queue).

3 REPLIES 3
SpendLessTime
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 82

Re: No broadband connection for the last 2 days

@flyingship

From https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Broadband-Faults-Guide-FTTC/ba-p/1322788

If the connection still drops connected in this way (PPPoE), you should raise a fault with us at http://faults.plus.net so we can investigate this further.

flyingship

Thanks. I will follow through that.

Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 993

Hi there.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing connection problems.

We're definitely seeing a problem, but line tests aren't finding the cause of the issue.

From what I can see the guide above is kind of irrelevant as that's only if you've got fibre.

I'd recommend trying the steps Here and also another router if you can. [edit] I see you've tried another one.

Failing that we may need to arrange an engineer. Let us know how this goes.

[second edit]

I've also updated your fault ticket Here if you'd like to go ahead with an engineer visit.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team