cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sync Today

Xenolith
Grafter

No Sync Today

My ADSL connection has been stable at a massive 1.4Mb for weeks now. Was working fine last night, but no sync at all this morning. Tried all the usual stuff apart from another router (who has spare routers lying around?!). I've become quite used to my broadband dropping out for a week at a time, but it's becoming boring.
12 REPLIES 12
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: No Sync Today

I have checked your line and and there is no errors showing. Your line looks OK.
I would suggest if possible that you can try another router or try yours at another property.
If you can also raise a fault at http:faults.plus.net this our faults team could then have a look into this for you.
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

http://faults.plus.net ; Huh
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Xenolith
Grafter

Hi Chris,
Thanks for that. I did raise a ticket through the faults system, but that's just sitting there saying "awaiting review". I'm not at home at the moment, but if the connection has come back I wonder why? Is this another mysterious "BT have done something but they're not saying what" thing?
Xenolith
Grafter

Still no connection. Have retried in the master socket etc. with different microfilters etc. Still a dead connection. I'll try and get a different router tomorrow - it *could* be that. But I seriously doubt it. This is the 4th or 5th outage we've had in recent times and seemingly it's always been down to BT. I say "seemingly" because we never get any explanation as to what was broken and what was fixed. Usually we lose the internet for an entire week. Hugely frustrating, especially as it seems like nothing happens for day and days on end. And if I hear that nice lady on your voicemail mail suggesting I use your website to address my problem I'll scream! Not what you need to hear when you have no internet connection...
I'm afraid this service is just no good for our needs. We need a reliable internet connection for work as well as all the other stuff and we just don't have it. There has to be a better way. I wouldn't expect to have to sit around for a week if my electricity or water supply failed. In 2012, I shouldn't have to for broadband either.
Angry
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Your line is still undergoing testing, apologies for the wait but this can take at least 24 hours. I have spoken with our faults team who will update your fault ticket as soon as they have completed the initial diagnostics.
Xenolith
Grafter

Thanks for the reply. I'm aware it can take "at least 24 hours" because it's currently been 27. Not really clear why it takes this long to run some diagnostics. If I was relying on my broadband connection for my work - which I sometimes do - I'd be completely stuffed by these outages. Like I say, there has to be a better way. I'm beginning to think ADSL that goes anywhere near BT's infrastructure is just fundamentally unreliable.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It does depend on the nature of the fault as to how long the testing will take and also the work load we have at the time.
I appreciate your frustration with this but we have set procedures in place which help faults get resolved as soon as possible.
The Initial reply can take up-to 72 hours but your is set to be ahead of this.
Xenolith
Grafter

Hi Chris,
Again, thanks for keeping me informed. The feeling that nothing is going on is perhaps the most frustrating aspect to all this. Still, and I appreciate your efforts, 72 hours for an initial reply is really no good to me. If I was relying on my broadband connection for work - which I and others in my house quite often do - we can't just say to people "Sorry, can't work for at least three days and maybe longer."
I appreciate you're stuck in the middle between customers and BT here and that you have to jump through certain hoops before issues can be escalated. But from my perspective, the approach to broadband provision in the UK is fundamentally broken. Issues are dealt with far too slowly.
SamODJ
Dabbler

Quote from: Xenolith
But from my perspective, the approach to broadband provision in the UK is fundamentally broken. Issues are dealt with far too slowly.

Tend to agree with that. Although the staff at Plusnet seem to be pretty on the ball and definitely courteous, the whole system of resolving Broadband issues (in general, across ISPs) does seem somewhat broken. Can we go steal a big bag of that Scandanavian internet? 40Mbps please.
Xenolith
Grafter

Heh, yeah. Maybe we run a cable across the North Sea. They'll never notice, will they?
Xenolith
Grafter

Tried a different router on the line yesterday. It's completely dead. If you're reading this, Chris, can you explain what "I have checked your line and and there is no errors showing. Your line looks OK" means, because it can't be referring to the ADSL signal.
Completely fed up with PN and the lack of updates/response. I'm researching satellite broadband - that's how bad it is!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Apologies for your wait, I've followed this up and you will be updated shortly with the outcome of the tests.
I was referring to the fact that an initial test that I run came back that your line was functioning OK. So I was advising to check everything internal as to rule and the fact that I was hoping it would possible resolve the fault.
As I said there will be an update shortly and I will monitor to make sure there is.