cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sync Fault Issue

Zab
Dabbler

No Sync Fault Issue

Hi, so I tried connecting my router in my new home but the light was orange and the little symbol was also flashing orange. Apparently there’s a no sync issue.
I spoke to the Technical team over the phone they told me that they’re raising an issue with OpenReach - taking approx. 3-5 days to pick up and fix or advise to send out an engineer. Technical Team told me an email of confirmation would be sent but I have not been sent any email yet. I was already delayed by PlusNet by 18 days because I’m certain they sent my router to the wrong address and then took another 5 days to send a replacement router.
I don’t see how that there is an issue seeing that the person who lived here before had no issue connecting their Sky Broadband to the OpenReach connection.
Is it possible to raise a flag of concern and get an engineer here ASAP to rule out any internal issues?
10 REPLIES 10
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: No Sync Fault Issue

@Zab Welcome to the forum.

I am fascinated by thie statement that Plusnet have already delayed you 18 days. They send out hubs 3 days before you are due to 'go live', 5 days if a weekend is involved. Are you telling us that you received a message telling you that your service was live then left it two weeks before reporting that the hub had not arrived?

If the previous occupant was using the Sky ADSL service then the probability is that it was connected to dedicated Sky equipment in the exchange, which needed rewiring at the exchange end.

If the engineer who comes to rectify your problem identifies that the problem is at your property then I would assume that you will receive a visit.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

You should be ruling out your own internal issues. The help section has all the details, but in the mean time!

Have you checked for dial tone?

Do you have more than one phone socket, have you checked from the test socket?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @Zab

Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry for the poor start you've had with ourselves. As I'm sure you can understand though,m faults on the line cannot be foreseen until the orders to provision the service are complete. Looks like we delayed your activation date in order for the new router to arrive.

Anyway, I'm quite unsure as to why the fault has been raised on the Broadband side, when the issue is clearly with the phone service (WLR). I've now also raised the issue with Openreach on the phone side, as a disconnection within the network has been found.

We're hoping to have this matter addressed and resolved by 26/08/2021 - and no, we're unable to bring these lead times forward I'm afraid, it's standard across the industry with the exception of welfare cases.

I can see that we did send you an email following your chat with my colleague, you'll see this on the open Ticket which I've just updated on the account.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Zab
Dabbler

@Baldrick1 No, I was told by UniHomes that my router would be sent on the day of or day before I move in - which was the 20th of this month. When I arrived there was nothing here, I called them and they told me that if it didn’t arrive by the end of the day that I should call them back. So I called them the next day which they told me that they sent the router 18 days ago which did not make any sense to me because I had no yet moved in. You can clarify this with them if you want. So then they said they would send a replacement router on Saturday and I received it on the 24th.

So yeah and your theory about the Sky exchange sounds reasonable.
Zab
Dabbler

@Mustrum Hi Mustrum, yeah I’m pretty sure I ruled it out. Unsure what the problem is but hopefully OpenReach as told by PlusNet can fix this ASAP as this is causing a lot of inconvenience.
Zab
Dabbler

@adam945 Hi, Adam I’m happy to have read this message - very informative and straightforward.

I’m unsure where the email was sent as I still have not seen the email. Can you confirm the email address? I tried to login also with the link you provided and to no avail.

Thank you so much!
Zab
Dabbler

@adam945

As you can see in the screenshot below, no indication of that email.

https://i.imgur.com/yFLwvnD.png
Baldrick1

@Zab 

I think that I can see where this is all going wrong.

This is based on seeing that there are no Plusnet Account related emails in the attachment, only emails to the address that you have registered on your Community account. This is an open Community and not part of your Plusnet Account.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I suspect that the broadband is being supplied by Unihomes? If so the account holder is probably them not you? Consequently these missing communications may be being sent to Unihomes.

I suspect that this is where the 18 days confusion has been generated due to Unihomes ordering the service for you being incorrectly interpreted as the hub is on its way.

Moderator and Customer

Baldrick1

@Zab 

Another thought.

Have you got access to your account? If so log in and see what email address is registered against your account.

Another thing to try is to log in to Plusnet web mail and see if you can access:  postmaster@<your username>.plus.com

Moderator and Customer

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Zab, due to account security we aren't able to confirm an email address via this platform but emails regarding the account go to the email address that was set up when the account was created.

As @Baldrick1 has advised, if you have the details for the account you can log into the member centre and check the details, you can also view the details of the ticket my colleague sent here.

With that being said, the fault is logged with our suppliers and expect to have further updates within the next 24-48 hours. I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team