cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet :(

markrach
Grafter

Re: No Internet :(

@orbrey Was that a hint to put in a request to move back to IPStream just to clear this whole mess up? Brush it under the carpet so to speak , because thats what i feel is happening at the moment  Undecided

Well i don't know anymore it seems to me both BT an PN have no idea , but BT seem to think my home wiring is faulty , this i take it is the automated excuse from BT . Even though they have only just replaced my wiring  Roll_eyes
Well done BT
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: markrach
@orbrey Was that a hint to put in a request to move back to IPStream just to clear this whole mess up? Brush it under the carpet so to speak , because thats what i feel is happening at the moment  Undecided

Not in the least! As I said previously we need to get an engineer out to investigate the fault from your premises. I realise you aren't available in the near future, but would it be possible for someone else to wait at your premises to let the engineer in at all? They only need to point him in the direction of the master socket.
As regards the possible routing issue, the engineer should also investigate from the exchange which may well uncover something.
markrach
Grafter

orbrey.
I have had a word with my employers although they are not happy they are willing to give me unpaid leave , but the only time and this is the only time they can give me is this afternoon  Embarrassed , i stressed that this would not be possible as engineers would have their rounds for today and fitting another one in would probably be a complete failure . Although if they could at least it will get this part of the process out of the way.
Unfortunatley all of my family including friends work so this is a no go and to be honest i don't know my neighbours that much and would not be willing to let them key hold even to just point the engineer in the direction of the master socket.
Mark
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: orbrey
........................As regards the possible routing issue, the engineer should also investigate from the exchange which may well uncover something.

So why don't they do that first then as no-one can be at home?
itsme
Grafter

They have as it was it the original report
BT Wholesale / Chester- Fault has been reported as no connection. Circuit is currently testing not in sync. Circuit history is not showing any recent working sessions. Line test is passing ok with a line length of 3.6km. Radius BBVR also matches system records for the circuit.
Circuit is testing jumpered all ok in the exchange. The Tam wideband test however is showing poor carrier frequencies.
Passing case to CP to check the EU equipment and setup and to book an engineering appointment to investigate fault further

What I suspect as the equipment is new that the physical routing is not the same as the recorded routing. So the OP is on a different adsl circuit to the one that BT is configuring and testing.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

BTO can test that by sending an engineer to the nearest junction box to the house (if they could be bothered)  Crazy
itsme
Grafter

The only reason the BT want access to the home is they are investigating
The Tam wideband test however is showing poor carrier frequencies.
Passing case to CP to check the EU equipment and setup and to book an engineering appointment to investigate fault further

which is not the problem.
markrach
Grafter

Cant they do this from the outside of my property as the (Grey) BT is on my wall with just a couple of feet of cable to the master socket surly they can test from there. Or is that 2 feet of cable really important .
markrach
Grafter

Well , appointment booked for this afternoon , its now 7.14 and no sign of an BT openreach engineer !!!
I'm disgusted , can't use the language i would normaly use  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
scootie
Grafter

cant belive your still not up and running.
how many days has it been now?
markrach
Grafter

Today will be the 8th day. Embarrassed
Anotherone
Champion

It would have been quicker to put in an order to go back on IPStream, at least Mark might have had a sertvice.
Has it not occurred to BTw/BTO that the EU had a working service before THEY started messing. How thick can they get. This is yet another case where a written complaint should be made to OFCOM about BTw/BTO methods of working and incompetance.
Mark, for our info. how does your current sync speed compare to before you were supposedly put on ADSL2+ ?
Did you attach the DMT snapshot (reply # 45) to your ticket?
What are the results of a BT speedtest when logged into the startup_domain, enter the ip address http://217.35.209.142/
Did anyone from PN actually challenge BT's fault report
6/04/2009 13:03:49
Clear code description: Fault Report has been closed;TAM test shows connectivity OK;. Please retest the service. If you believe there is still a problem after checking your equipment and power, please select the Reject option to reopen this fault.Note, the opportunity to Reject this clear will expire when the trouble ticket closes and a new trouble ticket will then need to be raised via the eCoPlus portal
16/04/2009 13:01:39
BT Wholesale / Chester- Fault has been reported as no connection. Circuit is currently testing not in sync. Circuit history is not showing any recent working sessions. Line test is passing ok with a line length of 3.6km. Radius BBVR also matches system records for the circuit.
Circuit is testing jumpered all ok in the exchange. The Tam wideband test however is showing poor carrier frequencies.
Passing case to CP to check the EU equipment and setup and to book an engineering appointment to investigate fault further if

Not just reject it, challenge it as completely wrong?
markrach
Grafter

Strange thing is that apparently they have done work on my line so PN say , i can see this as my att has gone down to 49 this was 54 on ipstream, 12 snr and a sync of 3.9mb. 3500 profile , but sync is on G.DMT , i did attach all DMT graphs and all the info i had weather PN gave this to BT i have no idea .
I'm at the point of ceasing it all together now , i know its not the way to go but whats anouyed me the most is i have sat at home not being paid , boss has the hump only for BT not to turn up at all and to probable only be told they got to make another app, not even a call to say sorry we cant make it . Someone has to pay for my time on this , this is the second time a BT visit has failed , the first was when the fault was raised to BT on a completely different tell number  >:(.
Will see what today brings .
A very unhappy chappy
Mark

Anotherone
Champion

You are entitled to compensation Mark. As I said earlier also write to OFCOM and complain, I know it's tedious, but things won't change without complaints. Somebody senior in PN should now be complaining to someone very senior at BT.
Edit: still would be interested in BT spedtest result.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You are entitled to compensation Mark.

Unfortunately this isn't the case... the ADSL2 service is still a trial at present and as such isn't subject to any sort of guarantee.
Mark, I suspect that the engineer went directly to the exchange rather than coming to your premises though I'm sorry you weren't contacted. There should be an update on the fault ticket shortly.