cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet :(

markrach
Grafter

No Internet :(

Got in from work about an hour ago not looked at the PN line untill now an it seems i have no internet  Embarrassed , not sure whats happened , added a BT iplate at lunch with the new belkin rj11 cable an it worked so thats not the cause all i'm getting is LCP is allowed to come up, CHAP authentication failed , line is in sync, almost as if the password is incorrect Sad
102 REPLIES 102
markrach
Grafter

Re: No Internet :(

Just looked at log and it was 15.35 this started .
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

markrach
Grafter

Thanks , i shall switch it off for 30 mins and see if that helps.
markrach
Grafter

That didn't work ,  cant get through to support either  Undecided
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

I had this a couple of weeks ago too, it required intervention of the comms team to sort it out.
There is a thread on it somewhere, I'll try and find it.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
markrach
Grafter

No probs,
Seems they cannot do anything about it tonight  Embarrassed , would have thought there would be at least one higher up tech on throughout the night  Cry
scootie
Grafter

are you not waiting to go on the trial and was surrpose to be on the 8th of this month same as me?
itsme
Grafter

If it is the line to be upgraded to ADSL2+ and BT did do it then it's a possibility that BT have not configured correctly at their end
markrach
Grafter

Quote from: ASBO
are you not waiting to go on the trial and was surrpose to be on the 8th of this month same as me?

ASBO DOG , Yes on the 8th , i take it yours was delayed too , must be most 21CN upgrades then unless your on SMBT Exchange like me lol
James told me yesterday was set too , but Chris had a look at the ticket and after the date the 8th there was a review date of the 22th or something , so cant see it being the upgrade as its not supposed to be happening yet .
Mark
P.S will see what today brings
markrach
Grafter

Can some please tell me this is not bad  Cry .
Unable to perform One Shot Check Test: Circuit entered by User is ceased or cancelled.
IP2WBC order raised and completed on 14/04/2009
Please diagnose issue.
Kind regards,

Lurker
Grafter

Only guessing here, so could be wrong (hopefully) but it sounds like half of your upgrade has happened.
At a guess, an upgrade could be considered to be a cease of one service, and a provide of another service insofar as sending instructions to engineers.
Sounds as if the cease has been done, but the provision on 21CN/ADSL2+ hasn't been done.
I'm hoping I'm wrong, but it rings a bell from around the time of the upgrades to MaxDSL, people looking at their phone accounts online could see the cease/provide orders on their accounts.
markrach
Grafter

Cheers James_G
hopefully they will have it sorted soon.
And BTw wonder why they are disliked, how can a order go through to BTw for an upgrade to 21cn and the engineers only do half a job  Huh its beyond me how that company work.
Regards
Mark
itsme
Grafter

As you have stated that you are syncing with the exchange and it's failing on CHAP it does suggest that the 'engineers' have done the work but the pen pushers have not pressed the right keys.
markrach
Grafter

itsme
Its syncing on G.DMT not ADSL2+ , so i'mthinking the upgrade has gone wrong somewhere . But i could be wrong as my BE line i can force G.DMT but i'm not to sure if the 21cn hardware supports ADSL1
Regards
Mark