cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet for a Week during Lockdown

Jarryd
Dabbler

Re: No Internet for a Week during Lockdown

This is typical plusnet behaviour all they do is lie to you. Then when you've gone passed the point of no return after losing many hours on the phone you just have to wait which sucks. Used to be a good service provider now it's on par with talk talk cant wait till my contract is up to switch
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

That is a big statement!  Do you have the actual evidence that PLUSNET is telling lies here?

It is very clear, has been from the beginning, that this is a BT Openreach fault for which they claim they have no spares.  Where is PLUSNET's lie in that?  Plusnet do not service the equipment, they simply report faults to BT Openreach and await their response and rectification.

If you have an issue for which you want assistance, it would be better to raise your own topic.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi @cherrytree65 

BT Open reach has indicated that the line test is working but could not confirm the dial tone was working which was part of the original fault. Our phone line is working but still no broadband connection. 

Is this another case of false hope?

That seems a little confused - BTOR report that the line tested OK, but cannot confirm a dial tone ... our phone line is working!

If there is no dial tone, then the line is not working ... or if it is working then there should be a dial tone.

Is there is a dial tone, given the history here, you should dial 17070 and confirm that the circuit identifier (the phone number) is yours.

If you have dial tone, the number is yours and the line is quiet, then hopefully the router should establish sync.  Which router do you have and what is the state of the lights?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

cherrytree65
Dabbler

@Townman

My false hope comment was to BTOR as I know plusnet are pushing it for our side.

We can phone out, I’ve just tested it. The dial tone point was copied from the e chat with BTOR.

I have rung that number and the phone number is correct. Did I need to do anything else as there were a few options?

On the router broadband is solid green but internet is off and wifi is flashing green. Is it worth a factory reset of the box?
Jarryd
Dabbler

From my experience all they've every done is fobbed me off to the next person. I understand that it is bt that sorts the faults out I've got actual evidence in previous tickets in which I spent alot of hourse trying to rectify. I had numerous of 1 hour phone calls where one person told me one thing and then another person telling me another therefore lieing! Eventually the issue did get sorted and so did compensation all I'm saying is that this provider has gone down hill and to never believe what they are telling you.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@cherrytree65

Have you logged into the router to check the status? Is the router in sync (is there a line speed reported)?

If yes, then this might be an issue with the connect authentication.

cherrytree65
Dabbler

@Townman

I’ve tried with the 192.168.1.254 but it doesn’t bring the page up on 4G. I’ll have to try connected to WiFi somewhere tomorrow.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

You need to connect to the router’s wifi.

cherrytree65
Dabbler

@Townman

Am I being daft. I can connect to the WiFi but As it is not working it won’t take me to the page.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

If you can connect to WiFi you should be able to access 192.168.1.254 and look at the router admin pages.

cherrytree65
Dabbler

@Townman 

Just says that the page can't be displayed when I put in into the browser. Not sure if I am doing something wrong. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Some browsers are a bit pedantic...

Whilst google.co.uk will usually work in place of http://google.co.uk - 192.168.1.254 instead of http://192.168.1.254 will not.

cherrytree65
Dabbler

@Townman 

Thanks I managed to get into it and the broadband username was not related to me so I changed that but not made any difference. 

Phone line is working fine still but the fault is still open and is with the Frames Team / Manager. 

Fault occurred on the 2nd July 2020 and yet to be completely fixed. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi,

Good news that you got into the router.

Did you check the STATS page?  That will show you the link speed if the router is in sync.  If it is, then you have moved on a long way from where you started.

Was the account name setup@plusdsl.net?

If yes, then that implies the auto setup failed, if no, then is that your router or one you have acquired from another Plusnet user?

Did you click CONNECT after putting in the correct details?  What response did you get?

@Gandalf  - is this line showing as in sync?  Can you see PPP session establishment attempted failures please?

cherrytree65
Dabbler

@Townman

I could not see a STATS page. There was a Home, Basic Settings, Advanced Settings and Helpdesk.

The broadband username is our personalised one@plusdsl.net and yes it is my router I’ve had for over two years.

When I click connect nothing changes and saying connecting still.

We had a call from BT today. Apparently they are saying the exchange got water Ingres and many were impacted but nobody on our street has been. They want to come to the property now. We think it might have been the frame / patch supervisor who called us.