cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet connection.

shas95

No Internet connection.

Hi there, I ordered fibre and telephone on the 18th jan and yesterday my bt line was disconnected by my old telephone provider for some reason and plus net have fixed it by connecting my line but now I haven't Internet access at all. My old Internet which was with O2 is disconnected. My fibre is meant to be installed on the 21st of feb which is 2 weeks away. Is there not anyway I can get my fibre installed earlier as its quite a long time with no Internet access which I and my family need for work.
Thank you.
7 REPLIES 7
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: No Internet connection.

Does that mean your phone service was also with O2, so both O2 services were terminated when the phone was moved? If the internet is so important to you, perhaps a more cautious approach may have been warranted (though involving additional costs and, of course, hindsight is an exact science  Sad ). I don't know your contract terms, but moving to Plusnet fibre then changing phone providers may have been an option?
A policy change by Plusnet, where customers wishing to move phone+ADSL to Plusnet's phone+FTTC are able to have ADSL temporarily while awaiting fibre without losing "new customer" benefits would help; but that would add costs that the rest of us would not like  Roll_eyes
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
Devonian
Grafter

Get yourself a 3g dongle for temporary access.
Or if you have a smartphone, switch on mobile hotspot and use that as your internet access.
I am with 3mobile and when talktalk messed up my service and I had 3 weeks wait to migrate, I used my mobile, I was getting 8meg down and 3 meg up, and iplayer/youtube was fine with it.
shas95

Quote from: PeeGee
Does that mean your phone service was also with O2, so both O2 services were terminated when the phone was moved? If the internet is so important to you, perhaps a more cautious approach may have been warranted (though involving additional costs and, of course, hindsight is an exact science  Sad ). I don't know your contract terms, but moving to Plusnet fibre then changing phone providers may have been an option?
A policy change by Plusnet, where customers wishing to move phone+ADSL to Plusnet's phone+FTTC are able to have ADSL temporarily while awaiting fibre without losing "new customer" benefits would help; but that would add costs that the rest of us would not like  Roll_eyes
No my telephone provider was xln telecom, O2 only provided the broadband. I thought that O2 would disconnect the broadband when my fibre was installed and not before because it hasn't been 30 days yet and I wasn't expecting my bt line to even get disconnected because I had ordered with plus net.
Ordering the telephone after fibre wasn't really a option as I wanted to get the half price for 6 months offer.
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

On that basis, I would have broadly similar expectations  Sad
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I'm afraid when a phone line is ceased, all services attached to that line (of which broadband is one) are also ceased. This is why your service has been disconnected I'm afraid.
From checking the tickets on your account I'm afraid there are no closer dates for the fibre install, I'm sorry about that.
shas95

Thanks for your reply, I received a text yesturday saying
"phone line has been re-started we will then re-place your fibre broadband order and be able to confirm your installation date."
What does it mean you mean when you say you will confirm the installation date? Isn't it going to get installed on the 21st like my account says online and what the person told me on the phone yesterday?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@shas95
FYI an appointment has been confirmed for you now. Details of which are on ticket 65566452
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team