cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No DSL since 9am Friday

Badders
Dabbler

No DSL since 9am Friday

My DSL connection failed on Friday morning and has been off since. I was told it could take upto 3 days to rectify. Fair enough, but wouldn't it be fair to expect some progress report during that time.
If I have to wait another 24 hours just to find out they can't fix the fault, I'll not be pleased. My wife starts a new job on Wednesday working from home that makes the broadband essential.
I'm betting I get a notification that an engineer has to call and it will be another week with no service.
Not happy.
Pete.
4 REPLIES 4
WWWombat
Grafter

Re: No DSL since 9am Friday

The forum here is a great place for getting responses from the PN team, but only during weekday office hours - although they do sometimes pop in out-of-hours.
If you need urgent attention at weekends or evenings, then a phone call is the best way forwards.
If broadband is essential to work, but you don't fancy forking out for business-level support/response-times, then I'd suggest that a backup solution is needed. We have a "Three" MiFi device for use when we're travelling or on holiday, and it fits well as a backup. We're lucky to have an old package at £8pm for 3GB, but for backup purposes a pay-as-you-go USB dongle or MiFi device might be a good idea. I know Three & T-Mobile do these, and I'm sure the others do too.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Badders,
Sorry to hear about the loss of connection, engineer visits are quite frequently needed to fix the type of fault you're experiencing.
I'm really glad to see that an engineer is on the way to you this afternoon so let us know how things go and I hope this is resolved soon for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Badders
Dabbler

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Hi Badders,
Sorry to hear about the loss of connection, engineer visits are quite frequently needed to fix the type of fault you're experiencing.
I'm really glad to see that an engineer is on the way to you this afternoon so let us know how things go and I hope this is resolved soon for you.
Adam

Engineers have just left. The problem was at the cabinet (pleased about that, no £60 lol). All back up and running again after 3.5 days with no service. Dreading checking my email now :-S
Cheers,
Pete.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for dropping us a reply, I'm glad to hear that got fixed.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team