Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No DSL Light following broadband activation

vb
Dabbler

No DSL Light following broadband activation

Please help.....
My broadband has been activated today but I have no dsl light on my thomson router....contacted plusnet and went through putting in master socket, changing microfilters, etc but nothing changed...still no dsl light.  Does this not mean that the fault is at the exchange?Huh
Apparantly it has been escalated to broadband faults but I have not yet been contacted by anyone.  I want to get my broadband up and running asap as I have been without it for over a week now and need it for my business.
Is there anyway to speed up the resolution of this problem?Huh
20 REPLIES 20
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: No DSL Light following broadband activation

Have you tired an alternate router?  Perhaps your old ISP gave you a router? 
vb
Dabbler

Yes have tried alternative router...one I previously had with talktalk...it just keeps flashing.
This is really frustrating...Talktalk did have it's problems but at least I wasn't left without internet for a 10 days +.
I've seen another person on a different forum having the same problem ongoing for 3 weeks and it wasn't resolved....the person has now requested to leave plusnet...I hope this does not happen with me as well.
magnetism2772
Grafter

I would  ask plusnet to recheck if your broadband service has been completed and it is  active
vb
Dabbler

Contacted Plusnet.  They said that broadband definately active.
magnetism2772
Grafter

I joined plusnet 4 weeks ago
at the time of my change the DSL  light flashed all  day and night  on my old router
the day after i received an email from plusnet that my internet was now active
i was using  the net at a friends
on the  same day  the same time  i checked my emails on my computer the router DSL  light had stopped flashing and stayed steady  green
i was  on a thompson 350 usb  DSL modem  connecting here until they sent me out their free  router 
It sounds like plusnet need to ask bt  to check your line
magnetism2772
Grafter

its  either that  or your modem , or router is not working
ramidoodle
Grafter

Welcome to the community forum vb.
Looks like that the telephone order has been accepted and completed. However, the broadband order has been rejected by our supplier. Please ring our customer service line to get a new broadband order placed.
vb
Dabbler

Called Plusnet again. The guy wasn't sure if broadband was active....He will call me back later today hopefully.  Looked on order tracker and status says we're nearly ready to order your broadband - I am getting confused now....is my broadband active or not...and if not why was my order rejected?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm sorry about the confusion here, I'm looking into the issue now.
Edit: An issue with our supplier's systems meant that your telephone order was marked as cancelled when it had in fact completed. This caused your broadband order to be incorrectly cancelled. I have now re-placed the broadband order and requested an expedite so it should complete in 24 - 48 hours.
grahamt
Rising Star

There seems to be a lot of this about recently - orders getting cancelled for no good reason. PN's suppliers have either got something wrong with their systems or they've been cutting too many jobs. I'm sure it's very frustrating for PN support staff.
By the way, just why are PN staff so coy about naming the 'suppliers'? I notice that Andrews & Arnold often use the phrase 'our favourite telco'. Has BT been putting pressure on ISPs not to name it when dealing with complaints? It's a bit silly because (unlike A&A, who deal with both BT and BE) Plusnet has only one broadband supplier as far as I know.
It gets particularly silly when staff talk about 'the suppliers we can deal with directly' versus 'the suppliers we can't deal with directly' when talking about different parts of BT. Maybe Openreach and Wholesale are just shy.
Graham
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I use the term 'our suppliers' to ensure that there is no doubt as to whose responsibility it is to deal with the problem. I often see customers chasing BT Retail after seeing us referring to 'BT' when meaning BT Wholesale or BT Openreach which only causes further confusion.
vb
Dabbler

Got an email from customer support to check account has gone active today...Account is still not active...Let's hope it gets activated tomorrow!
vb
Dabbler

What a surprise....still not activated!!
This is now getting beyond a joke!  Rep on phone saying broadband will now be activated by Tuesday!
Why can I not get straight accurate information from you guys?? We really are going to have talk about compensation once (or if) the broadband gets running...I'm having to pay for mobile broadband at the moment just so I can go online!!  it's already cost me £25! And when I signed up for Plusnet I was told that there would be NO DISRUPTION to my services.
Not a great start Plusnet!
magnetism2772
Grafter

hi vb
it'll get sorted
in the meanwhile your saving money so its nothing to worry about
see you tuesday ?
it was over a month before i was connected
regards