Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Connection

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

No Connection

My mum says her router lost all internet connection last night, she says when she starts up her pc the router trys to connect but just keeps flashing red, shes checked all cables and all are fine.
could one of you nice plusnet peeps check her net for me ( id prefer to pm the account name than post it here ).
10 REPLIES 10
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: No Connection

You could safely post the number of a closed ticket on her account.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
St3
Aspiring Champion

ive always found the forum staff to be better at support, hate to say it but the guys/girls who offer support via the forums always seam to know more or atleast they have when ive contacted them.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I meant that if you found the number of a closed ticket on her account you could safely post it on here to allow any of the PN staff who frequent these forums to find her account without resorting to PMs.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
St3
Aspiring Champion

ahh ok Wink
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi ukste20,
I've had a look over the conenction and I'd certainly suggest running through our fault troubleshooter so we can take a closer look.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Chris,
If there's a red light on the router, his mum is not going to be able to do those tests... Or am I missing something?
A link to local / physical things to check before running the line test trouble shooter might be relevant here...
Got dial tone / quiet line?
Disconnect all phones...
Plug into test socket...
If after all of that, there's still no BB connection, it is going to come down to raising a fault ticket via some means other than the trouble shooter which IIRC must be done on the subscriber's line.
If I'm wrong, I'm content to be flamed!  Cheesy
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I think you may be right there Kevin Wink I'm sure ukste20 will be able to get his Mum to do that, he knows the drill well  Grin
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If after all of that, there's still no BB connection, it is going to come down to raising a fault ticket via some means other than the trouble shooter which IIRC must be done on the subscriber's line.

You can run the fault checker from any connection, it will check the line associated with the account you're logged in to our website with.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Chris,
That is one fine bit of magic... but is it widely known about?
Given that much of PN's user base is referral based - one knowledgable person helping a number of technical Luddites (I've got a handful) - then making this fact more clearly known could help take some of the load off the PN support personnel.  In future, if any of my referrals think they have a line problem I can do a trouble shooter test for them without leaving home, or for that matter (I guess) do it on a mobile phone over 3G at their place?
Wicked!!!!  Cheesy
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

St3
Aspiring Champion

ill have to go to her home tomorrow after work and test the router and her sockets, tried over the phone tonight and she was getting mixed up with trying to move the router, reason is i always sorted her net for her so when somthing goes wrong she has no idea lol