cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Broadband for 2 weeks!!

BBNoMore

No Broadband for 2 weeks!!

I decided to give PN a try as I had read good things about them. Initially all went smoothly and on the 20/11 my fibre BB transferred without a hitch. At first I chose the BB only package and the phone line remained with BT, but decided to switch the phone as well. I was told this wouldn't be a problem and would be completed in approx 2 weeks. I received an email from BT stating their service would cease on 05/12. Sure enough on the 5th the phone line ceased but it had not been taken over by PN. I received a curious email from PN saying "were sorry your leaving us", strange since I was trying to do the opposite. Talking to customer services it seemed that possibly a third party had tried to take over my line, I believe its called slamming. Two days later my phone line was restored but this has resulted in me having a different phone number, not really a problem as I am no longer being pestered with nuisance calls :-).
However 10 days later (17/12) my BB ceased to function, again talking to customer services it seems the Tag on the line no longer matches the new number so the service was terminated. I have phoned PN several times and always received the same answer that OR need to clear the Tag so the BB can be re-provided and this should be completed in  24 – 48 hours. Two weeks later I still have no idea when my BB will be reinstated, if ever!!! 😞 .
All the PN staff I have spoken to have been polite and sympathetic but I feel they are quick to blame the supplier and powerless to sort this out. Its shameful that the supplier OR can operate like this, but I do feel that I am being fobbed off as every time I phone PN  I am getting the same answer. Its not a good start and I am left wondering whether switching to PN was a good thing.
6 REPLIES 6
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: No Broadband for 2 weeks!!

Hi BBNoMore,
I've just had a look at your account and been in touch with one of the managers on duty. They're getting someone to take a look now - although they are not from the provisioning team - and get a reply to your ticket. I'm not sure how much can be done at this time of night on a Sunday, so I've also asked him to flag this to the provisioning team to be picked up in the morning.
Hope that helps,
Jojo Smiley
BBNoMore

Thanks Jojo, fingers crossed I get some good news tomorrow 🙂
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I'm sorry to see that we've had an issue trying to raise an order, this is due to something called a tags issue where a "marker" is incorrectly flagged on the line to show a service from another provider. We have already raised this with our suppliers and such issues can usually take a few days to rectify.
I'm going to contact our suppliers now for you and see if we can get this resolved as quickly as possible so we can get your order placed.
Thanks for your patience so far.
EDIT: I've just finished talking to our suppliers about this, I've been advised that the marker on the line will be removed on the 5th. I'm aware that's a Saturday so I'll make sure I hand this back to our provisioning team on Friday.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
BBNoMore

WOOOO HOOOOOO !!!!! Grin  I'm finally reconnected after 4 weeks. Thanks to Sharon from PN who managed to arrange for the engineer to come out yesterday (Saturday to sort the problem out)  Cheesy Cheesy
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for letting us know, that's really good to hear.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Velocity
Grafter

Quote from: BBNoMore
WOOOO HOOOOOO !!!!! Grin  I'm finally reconnected after 4 weeks. Thanks to Sharon from PN who managed to arrange for the engineer to come out yesterday (Saturday to sort the problem out)  Cheesy Cheesy

$ WEEKS - A RESULT  swoon Cry Undecided Shocked