cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Broadband - 10 days and counting.

arvpart101

No Broadband - 10 days and counting.

My phone line was switched from BT to Plusnet on the 5th November, Broadband connection was supposed to follow a day later.  Now, 10 days later, I am still waiting for my Broadband to be connected.  Contact with Plusnet has been intermittent, although they now seem to have given up contacting me at all.  No explanation has been provided for the delay, other than a bunch of technical terms, such as 'exception' on the order, 'marker' on the line  -  whatever any of that may mean.
I now have no idea when I will be connected, or if I will be connected.  Is it really acceptable practice to leave new customers in limbo like this?
AD
5 REPLIES 5
ymeggleton

Re: No Broadband - 10 days and counting.

I'm in exactly the same boat, they cancelled my talktalk broadband for me on the 9th Novemeber, Ive had no internet all week and line still says being activated. placed order 4 weeks ago!
Plusnet are a joke.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I'm just looking into this now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
arvpart101

Apparently, the 'tags' on my line, whatever they are, have now been removed, and Plusnet have put in a new order of transfer with BT OpenReach.  I have been told, this order will be fast-tracked.  So, 2 weeks and counting since my Broadband was meant to be online.  Although the indications are positive, I'm not hopeful.  Even though they are related in a corporate sense, Plusnet and BT OpenReach seem not to be on the same wavelength.
I hope I don't have to wait any longer than the end of next week.
mandelshtam01
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Our Provisioning team should be requesting the expedite today
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
arvpart101

Quote from: Matthew
Our Provisioning team should be requesting the expedite today

Whatever the provisioning team is up to, they are certainly not expediting this order!  I've received a text today saying that their are still tags showing on the line, and that they have had to replace the order yet again.
What on earth is going on here!  I checked with my previous ISP, BT, and they told me that as far as they were concerned both the telephone line and broadband were showing as no longer with them.  How, then, can their be tags on the line!!!!  Who is lying here?  When is this nonsense going to end.  Why is no one in the provisioning team sorting out this endless back and forth with BT Open Reach?  Do you not have any procedures where you can escalate this continuing non provision of broadband, to a supervisory level?
You are a new ISP to me, but thus far, this has been the most wretched of any experiences I have had with any ISP.  By the end of this week I will have been without broadband for three weeks.  You cannot as a company expect to deliver such abysmal service, and then survive in the cutthroat market of broadband provision.  This kind of contempt for customer's is just a slippery slope which will see Plusnet, as one of the smaller broadband companies, lose market share.
Please fix this issue now.
mandelshtam01