cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly regsistered but getting cold feet already...

TonyJ

Newly regsistered but getting cold feet already...

In brief:
12th November - Signed up, installation due 29th November
15th November - Plusnet change Installation date to 25th November. I have to change my arrangements and booked day's holiday to suit. In this instance, it was O.K. but my company could well have refused during busy development periods.
15th November - Receive email from my current broadband provider Be saying that 'BT have told us that there is an ongoing cease order for your landline. The cease date is 22/11/2013'. Great!
BT, my current landline provider,  inform me that they have no record of this...uh-oh.
Several calls made trying to get through to Plusnet support to discuss the situation. No joy. I expect an answer in a sub-ten-minute timeframe, thanks.
Trawl the forum - from the dissatisfaction seen, I should have done my homework earlier Roll_eyes
So, will I lose my telephone line and broadband on the 22nd November and over the weekend of 23rd/24th November? Worse still, could I lose my current telephone number due to inefficient administration? The answers to these questions really had better be couched in the negative...
Answers, please ( I will try to ignore the screams of dissatisfied customers shouting 'Cancel now, while you still can!  Wink )

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Newly regsistered but getting cold feet already...

Hi there,
I'm really sorry about any confusion or changes regarding the date for your installation and for the wait times getting through to us.
Just to mention we are opening a second contact centre within the next week or so, which should help bring the wait times down. We'd like to be able to answer calls with in 10 minutes but that isn't something we could guarantee.
Regarding the cease that shouldn't be necessary as your services are being transferred to us, I'd advise contacting BT again to request for that to be cancelled.
I will try to ignore the screams of dissatisfied customers shouting 'Cancel now, while you still can!

I know what you're saying, it's worth bearing in mind though that the main ways our customers forum is to raise issues and request support meaning posts of that nature tend to be the most prevalent.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Apprentice
Grafter

Quote from: TonyJ
<snip>.
Several calls made trying to get through to Plusnet support to discuss the situation. No joy. I expect an answer in a sub-ten-minute timeframe,
thanks.

I've only had to phone PN's CS twice (in October) since they became my ISP around five weeks ago and the waiting time, in the
afternoon, was no more than around fifteen - twenty minutes both times, not too bad for a mass market ISP but I'm looking forward to the day when my call will be answered by CS in under ten minutes any time between 7.00am and 11.00pm.
Tongue
TonyJ

Adam, thanks for the update . I have just spoken to a guy called Alan at BT who was most helpful and reassured me that my line was part of a 'mass migration' and that there was no cease order on the line at all. Not sure what Be are up to though, sending me that email - I'll chase them up next.
I still have that small amount of trepidation because, after all, with the best will in the world things occasionally go wrong  Cry  but - looking forward to higher data rates...

Apprentice, thanks for the comforting(?) words  Wink I guess I've been spoilt with the telephone support at Be (a target to aim for, Plusnet!) - not that I needed them much over the years.