cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie question, help!

Philip

Newbie question, help!

Hi,
I have a couple of websites that I run from home on my server and everything seemed fine until today  Sad
For example, http://www.mr2mk1.net does not seem to be available externally any more (works fine on local LAN).  Router and server have been rebooted.
Yesterday I regraded from Premier to Option 2...could that be the cause?!
Sorry if it sounds a stupid question, just looking to eliminate all possibilites...
Thanks,  Phil.
3 REPLIES 3
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Newbie question, help!

Check if your IP address has changed as premier has a static IP and BBYW has a dynamic by default.
If it is now dynamic, raise a ticket and ask for a static IP again but you may not get the same one so you may need to update any external DNS to point to the new IP.
Philip

Thanks for the reply Peter...but i have just fixed the problem!
It appears that my PN Firewall was reset to Low due to the regrade, and that blocks Port 80...
...so I turned it off and Presto  Grin
Panic over Cheesy
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Hmm... I guess I should have tried the link first...    Roll_eyes working for me also.
[edit to add] Ah yes, the PN firewall is set to on/low by default for BBYW products. It's caught out a few others so you are not alone.
More general Q to PN...
On a regrade, why do you not keep the PN firewall setting the same when changing products?