cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie looking for answers

Traders

Newbie looking for answers

Hi
I'm looking for answers from you guys on what I should be getting from my new supplier.  My old ISP was on the adsl which gave me speed up to 8mb although I could only manage 5.8mb, now changing to Plusnet I have been informed that the line has changed to adsl2 and I should see speeds around the 11mb. Great, can't wait. Now I have only been a newbie for 48hrs and at the moment i'm still getting the same speed as my old ISP gave me at 5.8mb.
Question ?
When new people joined to the new adsl2. Did you see straight away the greater difference in speed or is there a timescale when the new changes (if any) will begin?
4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Newbie looking for answers

Welcome to the forum Traders Smiley
There is a 10 day training period for new connections
and it is recommended that your router stays on throughout that period for the exchange to do it's checks and determine the best speed for your line.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Traders

Thanks for the welcome and the quick response. Lets hope all's well at the exchange and my speed will be increased.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

It's also possible that the transfer has been done like-for-like to bring your connection under Plusnet control as quickly as possible. Now this has been done a move to ADSL2+ should follow. You might find information about what is happening given in closed tickets on your account (link).
David
Traders

The only information to whats happening on closed tickets are about the migration, account active and all the other stuff when you are a new customer. My old account was with waitrose who plusnet look after so migration was quick and simple and straight forward. I agree with the straight swap over to plusnet and hopefully things will happen.
Does it pay to keep a check on the help assistant to whats happening ?