cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user problem, No ATM activity detected on your DSL line

jaclogech

New user problem, No ATM activity detected on your DSL line

I have been a new customer since Wednesday 24th Feb, but I still have not been able to connect.
When my router tries to Connect I get
Connection could not be established: Disconnected by user
When I do an Internet Connectivity check I get
ATM No ATM activity detected on your DSL line
and
PPP Your connection is currently down
I reported the fault on Wednesday evening over the phone (32213396) and was assured that the fault would be raised with BT Openreach to finish the installation at the exchange.
However, more tests were carried out on Friday, and the last ticket response was
"This has now been forwarded to the relevant support team. We will carry on investigating your problem and your open fault will be updated as soon as more information is available
[INTERNAL]
Ticket now off hold. Please action."
To me that reads as though the fault still has not been logged with BT Openreach, and I will be left waiting longer than necessary.
Has this fault been logged with BT Openreach yet?
If it hasn't, please get a move on because I can't see any reason for this delay.
11 REPLIES 11
itsme
Grafter

Re: New user problem, No ATM activity detected on your DSL line

Have you tried entering your Plusnet Username and password instead of the BT-test one?
jaclogech

Yes I tried that first.
There are different  login settings that can be used to determine where the connection fault occurs, so I posted that example to show I can't connect at all.
There used to be a tutorial about it here but it has been removed for some reason.
http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/10
Google still has a cache of it from 16th Feb however
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The tutorial has been removed pending review because some of the information within it is out of date and could be confusing. However I think the bit about the BT test logins remains valid.
However hopefully a clearer view of your fault status will be provided on Monday. Internal-path notes do not give a complete picture.
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi jaclogech,
I've passed the fault back once more as a line test proved the fault still apparent, as soon as we get any more information we'll let you know.
jaclogech

Thanks Matt,
I tried resetting my router tonight to see if anything had changed.
No change, still no PPP or ATM activity as before.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm testing the line again as it's come back to us, I suspect an engineer visit will be requested once I pass it back so if you could advise of times/dates you're available for an engineer to attend we'll get this booked for you (on the ticket would be preferable if possible). Available timeslots are weekdays either in the morning from 8 till 1 or the afternoon from 1 till 6.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yep, we've got the request for engineer times. If you could let us know when you're available I'll get this booked and confirm the date and time for you.
jaclogech

When I had this same problem after a bungled switchover in January, the engineer didn't even come to the door, he just fixed the problem at the exchange. That being the case you could book it any time and if nobody is in it won't matter.
I will however reply to the support ticket with available dates as requested
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi jaclogech,
The Tuesday morning slot has been booked in for you. Unfortunately we can't book an engineer visit directly to the exchange otherwise I'd have happily done that for you.
Please let us know how it goes, thanks. We'll report back as soon as the engineer notes are available.
jaclogech

Its fixed now. Thanks for getting it sorted out.
The engineer came to our house, my wife demonstrated the login problem on our pc. He went to the exchange, did something, came back a few minutes later and it works now.
The people who work at our exchange (Alcester) are useless. The engineer was from Redditch and fixed it straight away. Please do something to point out this failure to your suppliers. This fault has happened to mw twice now and I can't be the only one who has had problems there.
I would also be interesed to know what the engineer did. Do they tell you?
My wife said it was something about our details not being entered on the server at the exchange when the installation was carried out, but she didn't really understand so I'm not sure how accurate that is.
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
Glad to hear it's now fixed. Smiley
The engineer said that the circuit was incorrectly mapped at the exchange, which ties in with what he told your wife. I've raised your concern regarding the local exchange engineers to our faults team, who will pass this on.