cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user can't connect

FIXED
dew1911

New user can't connect

Got the text message around 9.05 this morning that the service was set up, also got an email saying we didn't order a router (we did, it's here) plugged the router in now and just getting red internet.

Logged in and the username set in the router is different to the one in the email, so updated that, also updated the password and still no luck.

I can't see anything else my end that'll make a difference.
6 REPLIES 6
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: New user can't connect

@dew1911

Welcome to the forums.

Sometimes Plusnet send out the email saying your order is completed ahead of the actual go live date. It can be early by days/weeks,

It might be best to check with Plusnet via either Chat/phone/Twitter or Facebook contact details are found at https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/

If you choose to use online Chat then please ensure that you do not have any ad blocking software active as it may also stop the Chat software.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hey,

Your broadband order has definitely completed. Can you please try a Factory Reset on your router please? It might be that there's been an issue with the automated way the router tries to connect you up to your new service.

dew1911

Thank you,

Apparently we got an e-mail saying they think there is a line problem (It's my mothers house but I'm sorting out the internet) which they've closed until 7am on the 24th, hopefully that might shed some light.

I've updated all information, done the 15 minute wait and even tried factory reset via the modem software with no resolution.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hey,

Yeah a line issue has been identified, so we're working with BT Openreach to get this resolved for you as quickly as possible. We've been notified that an engineer has been assigned to investigate and resolve the issue on Monday. As far as we've been made aware an engineer will not need access to the premises, if the situation changes, we'll let you know though.

I do appreciate your patience, I understand it's never nice when you just want the service to work. I'll do what I can to keep you updated though and we'll get this resolved ASAP.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

Hey,

I've just heard back from our suppliers who have confirmed that they've just cleared the fault at the cabinet, which should now see you back up and online. Can you please confirm this is the case?

dew1911

Thank you,

Yes Openreach arrived today and the internet is working now.