Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New usage allowances

bobboulby
Grafter

Re: New usage allowances

Sorry I hadn't read that other thread.
I'm on option 1 with 5Gb - £12.99. Option 2 is starting to look like a good next move.
Bob
Be3G
Grafter

Quote from: podman
If there are more benifits of one over the other please point them out as I'd love to know.

There are indeed more benefits. PlusNet's traffic management uses two different techniques: traffic prioritisation (which you alluded to), and rate limiting - refer to this page for information on the latter.
gm4jjj
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Quote from: Jameseh
Gm4jjj,
Leave it with me.

Thanks James, I'm a bit confused by their latest reply -
I have checked and this if fine, we can place a order to move you onto the Premium service, however I should point out this would need to be billed for manually each month from valid credit or debit card details in order for this service to be retained.
If this is fine, we can place the order pending your agreement on this ticket by reponse, and then bill the first £8 from updated card details on your account, and then continue to do so on the same day each month.
Hope this helps but please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any further queries.

[internal]
If agreed please place modify and taken first fee, then pass ticket to Marketing - Max Premium Offer pool and place on hold for 1 month as confirmed by comms.

What is this about being placed on hold for 1 month?
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

I would guess its being put on hold for 1 month, to be manually billed again for next months fee, until automation for it is created.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

pjmarsh has it there. The bit below the [internal] part is for our guys here, we also have a list to add your username to so we can add the automation once this is built.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
gm4jjj
Rising Star

Chris, I'm still not clear - when will I get the upgrade - now or in a month?
James
Grafter

Now.
the on hold bit means that we'll bill you again manually in a months time.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

It is an instruction for the CSC bod to take payment, place the order for you then put it on hold for 1 month.  I think this should be done in a couple of days, but with the immenent bank holiday it may be slightly longer.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

gm4jjj
Rising Star

Thanks James & all. Your help is much appreciated. Smiley
gm4jjj
Rising Star

James, I closed the ticket, perhaps I shouldn't have because I'm still not on Premium and no sign of a manual payment having been taken.  I gave it the weekend plus Holiday Monday, but thought something might have happened by now?
James
Grafter

Hiya,
I've just been playing with your account and it should all be sorted now.
You'll be on Max Premium in the morning.
gm4jjj
Rising Star

James thanks for playing with my account - so have I  Smiley
Earlier today I thought I would change from PAYG (15GB special offer) to BBYW Option 2 and save a few bob, then realised that would affect my upload speeds, so have changed to BBYW Pro. Sorry about the confusion. 
I'm just waiting for my new router to arrive which may also fix the problems I have at night with poor S/N.
Thanks again.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

The problem with overlapping text has been fixed.    Cheers again.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager