Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to broadband. Help.

rogadodge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

New to broadband. Help.

Hi, I am new to broadband and reading the forums it all sounds terribly technical.  I have had my router for a week, and get constantly dropped. The error message is that the DNS connection is lost- or something like that.  When I check the status on the computer it says connected to local and internet. But I still get a message telling me thompson gateway is down.(again something like that - I try to remember but am just happy to have this connection long enough to write this. I just hope I can send it after i have written it).
When web browsing it is an issue BUT and heres the crux, I play World of warcraft ( if you don't play, you need to try it ) and getting dropped constantly is annoying to say the least.
I have checked the lights on router and they are all working except the broadband one flashes intermittently. also the router gets very hot - toast anyone?
Any suggestions before i cancel my subscription and go back to mobile broadband, which was nearly as fast and never had any problems..
Oh, I saw a topic about tracert and pings.. to complex for me. i want the simple life where you switch something on and it works.  Smiley