Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Max

the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

New to Max

I rarely look on this part of the forum so apologies if this is a dumb question ( I did look through a few recent posts honestly)
I never thought I'd go for the max as was happy with my 2000kbps fixed thing (usually I got around 1800 on the speed test gadget). THrough inaction on my part  Plus net have upgraded/maxed me.
My router stats are a bit of a mystery but I see they have changed now as presumably this upgrade has gone through and the sync rate has been 6000 ish and 5000 ish during today (Noise 5.8 Atten 41). I've dropped the connection a couple of times as expected.
When will I expect to see a change in the actual speed. Does that not happen until after the 10 day period has elapsed?
2 REPLIES 2
MickKi
Grafter

Re: New to Max

It'll be a bit unstable for the first 10 days or so while your line connection is training.  You should see higher than your previous (2Mbps) speeds within 3 days or so.  It's not a bad idea to resync once a day while training - but I would only do that during day time as at night sync speeds are generally lower.  The higher the sync speed, the higher the IP profile and the higher the download speeds that you can practically achieve.
James
Grafter

Re: New to Max

It really depends.
It takes anything upto 10 days for the IP Profile to be set, although this does normally happen within the first 10 days.  If it gets to ten days and this still doesn't happen, please raise a fault by going to http://faults.plus.net and we can talk to BT for you.