cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New router advice

Jovetic
Grafter

New router advice

Okay seems that my router has seen better days.  So im looking for a new one now. 
I have a server ariving on monday, i have 2 pc's 1 laptop and an Xbox 360, im looking to be able to remote access my routers gui from work ect for testing to save me rdp'ing a desktop all the time, anyone got any advice on what would be a good router that would suit my needs please?
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: New router advice

Hi Jovetic,
Did you not receive the 2110 wireless router with your account? If you did and that's what isn't working we can replace it, it's guaranteed for 12 months.
Hope that helps,
Jovetic
Grafter

well if ya could that would be great, just didnt think it would be covered as it was my own equipment that seemed to fry it.
puddy
Grafter

If I had the money I would get a draytek router currently have a speedtouch 716wl v5 its okay for the basics
To give mine a longer life i plug it in to a belkin surge protector (power/telephone protection), had an old speedtouch and modem fry in the past
puddy
paulh
Rising Star

i have a draytek; they're premium money and feature rich and mine's been rock-solid and does have remote management.
But check out the draytek forums too as some report their models seem a bit dodge on marginal max lines; plus their firmware updates can also be irregular and flaky when they arrive (I only ever updated mine once as I simply don't have a need for all the features; I just bought it coz i wanted a proper toy :))