Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New products- advice needed

thunderbird30
Grafter

New products- advice needed

Hi all,
        I've been with Plusnet for quite a while now and with no real problems on the plan that I'm on (PlusNet Broadband Premier Option 1)my bill for that with discounts is about £19
What would be the advantages of changing plans? I'm currently thinking of changing to Broadband your way option 3.
I usually use around 13gb offpeak.
I'm a great believer in if it's not broke don't fix it!
3 REPLIES 3
James
Grafter

Re: New products- advice needed

Hi there,
Thanks for getting in touch with us Smiley
Ultimately, the short answer is that you shouldn't be losing out on anything.
I've had a quick look at your monthly usage and Option 3 may be a good choice for you.  However, the one thing that you would need to consider is that the peak time period on Broadband Premier is 4pm until midnight, whereas the peak time period on our Broadband Your Way product is 8am until midnight and I can see that you do generally download a fair bit during your current off peak times.
If you feel that you would be downloading less than 30GB per month between 8am and midnight, it would definitely be a sensible choice to switch to BBYW Option 3 as you would save yourself £2 and your discounts that you are currently getting would still apply.
So ultimately, it's really just down to when you're actually downloading your larger files to decide whether or not the product change would benefit you.
minkey
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Jameseh
I am in a similar situation as the OP and are considering changing from my Premier 1 product. I would probably go for Pro as I would never go over 15gb but I notice that you don't get a static IP by default. If I upgrade, does my static IP remain the same or would I have to specifically request static and would it change?
Would there be any other significant differences I need to know about? I've looked at the product definitions and apart from the peak/non peak, and IP, I cannot see anything that is different.
Jeff
James
Grafter

Hi Jeff,
I wouldn't worry too much about the static IP!  Static IPs are still available on our Broadband Your Way products.  Broadband Your Way comes with all of the features that were previously available on Broadband Premier.  If you do decide to take the plunge and move onto Broadband Your Way, you would be able to keep your existing IP Address and new customers are also able to request a static IP address easily via their member centre.
So ultimately, the only real change that you would be looking at would be the changes in usage allowances and the peak/off peak timescales.
Please do feel free to shout up if there's anything else that you would like clearing up.