cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New joiner speed issue

G3YBO
Grafter

New joiner speed issue

Hi..................Just joined Plusnet from Talktalk and good changeover but now lots of dropouts and very slow....Thanks Roger
14 REPLIES 14
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: New joiner speed issue

I assume your line was moved from TT's LLU service to BT during the migration. This means your connection will be going through a training period which is nominally 10 days. During this time disconnections can happen and it can be a few days before speeds settle to the best your line can support.
More information on this process is given in the support page here.
Hope this helps.
David
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi G3YBO,
Have a look here for some more tips as these disconnections are not looking good.

Jojo Smiley
G3YBO
Grafter

Hi...................Not sure what you are saying.............This is a line/exchange fault ?......At change over made 1.5Mb and a day
or so later its so slow......Tried two routers, both same......I have a BT fitted NTE socket, direct feed to router.....
So why no feedback from Plusnet ?
Thanks
Roger
pierre_pierre
Grafter

JoJo if you look is Plusnet and she has linked you to a check as to why you have so many disconnections - a horrible lot, theese wont help you speed one iota
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi G3YBO,
When you say you've tried 2 routers, if you mean that you plugged in a different one and seen no increase in speed then I'm not surprised. Judging by the visual above the line has dropped that many times your profile would have been reduced to try to compensate for the poor quality connection. So you would not see any difference in speed. The thing to do is try the other router for a determined length of time to see if it still drops the connection in this way. When you say you have a fitted NTE, when you remove it does it reveal the test socket? If so then you should try a basic filter in there to see if the line keeps dropping. The NTE faceplates are not infallible and I have seen many instances where they can become faulty. What we need to do is cure your intermittent connection. If we cure that, we cure your speed.
Jojo Smiley
G3YBO
Grafter

Hi...................Yes has been on the test socket for a day now and no change.......I am sure it is a line or exchange problem.
Still no anwer to my fault report..  The NTE socket has two plugs one for PC and one for phone.....Thanks  Roger
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Roger,
We have to make sure that you've done all the checks at your end first as if an engineer visited and it turned out to be any of your equipment you could be charged a call out fee. I'll get one of the faults team to take a closer look for you.
Jojo Smiley
G3YBO
Grafter

Hi and thanks..............The only work/change was done I guess by BT/Plusnet when the switch was done......I had a visit
from BT a few years ago and the problem was a bad connection on their pole.    Again thanks............Roger
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

FYI all,
There has also been some discussion about this here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,91507.16.html
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: G3YBO
.Yes has been on the test socket for a day now and no change

Was that using your long extension lead or the standard lead that was supplied with a router?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi G3YBO,
One of our faults team have been looking into this and have left an update on your ticket for you to respond to.
Jojo Smiley
G3YBO
Grafter

Hi Jojo Adam has said that you will look after the problem.......I have to night answered the questions asked to day by Plusnet.
The router on the master socket NTE5 is now a Thompson you sent last sunday......Have reset it a few times to see if a reset
at you end would bring up the connection I had on the first day of 1.5Mb.....
I plan to go to FTTC when I see BT have switched on the green new box outside my house.....
Jojo christmas greetings to you at Plusnet......
Thanks
Roger
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: G3YBO
Have reset it a few times to see if a reset at you end would bring up the connection I had on the first day of 1.5Mb.....

Nooooooooooo......!!!!!
That can be seen as instability by the stupid BT system and it will reduce your speed.
ONE reset during daylight hours is all that is needed.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
G3YBO
Grafter

Ok Jelv will try in the day thanks..................Roger