Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New invoicing procedure e mail from + Net

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

New invoicing procedure e mail from + Net

Guess we all received today saying in future that the VAT will no longer be separated out, but that if we wanted the vat to show to use the HELP ASSISTANT.
I do want the VAT to show, to remind me how much Mr McBroon is taking out of my taxed income, and for expense purpsoes.
However, Cust Suppt replied they wouldn't provide automatically unless I provided a valid reason.
Well one is, I'm taking up the offer to have one as in Cust Serv Director's e mail.
I recall there is tax legislation that states you are always entitled to ask for a detailed invoice for any vat transaction; had to be over a certain sum, £10 I think.
So there's a second.
Third is I have asked for.
22 REPLIES 22
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: New invoicing procedure e mail from + Net

No Undecided
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Not applicable

Don't worry Strat - the process of mailing all the customers takes a long time - they spread the messages out over a long period to avoid undue load and delays on the mailservers.
You'll get it eventually Wink
Your username: {username}
Dear {Real Name},
We are emailing you to tell you that as a result of some changes to our billing systems we will be making some alterations to the way your invoice is displayed.
Previously you would see VAT displayed as a separate line item. From May 14th you will simply see a total amount displayed, with VAT included.
This will not affect any of your services from us, and you will still pay VAT on all services.
If you do need an invoice which shows VAT separately you can request this via the Help Assistant, under Customer Services and billing, and then Billing and Payment.
Business customers will continue to receive a VAT invoice as standard.
Kind Regards
Carol Axe
Customer Services Director
This email has been sent as it contains important information about your service from PlusNet. Please do not reply to this email, as this is an unmonitored address.
PlusNet plc
Registered Office: Internet House, 2 Tenter Street, Sheffield, S1 4BY
Registered in England no: 3279013
geewizz
Grafter

Is it a sneaky plan to force some customers to a "business" package? Smiley
I run a business but I have my internet connection mainly for personal use. For that reason I don't claim it as a business expense so I don't need a VAT receipt. Also, I won't be VAT registered until next year but that's beside the point.
For all you would gain by claiming back the VAT, it's probably unlikely that it's worth pursuing this.  
Not applicable

I believe its actually a change thats stemmed from a change of some of the back end systems rather than a conscious decision to force either option on anybody.
As you can see, both options are available now - I suspect that most residential customers would prefer the single line invoice, rather than the amortised version.
geewizz
Grafter

Yeah, I couldn't help bursting into faux-conspiracy mode. Grin
It's a sensible change and another tidy-up of superfluous information for residential customers.
As a bonus it has also led to me being learned me a new word what is brilliant; amortise.
Not applicable

Thats an = you want, rather than a : Wink
geewizz
Grafter

Thanks Smiley
I'm disabling quick-reply until I get the hang of the plusne-tml
Not applicable

I leave quick reply on, then if in doubt use the preview button. The preview is then displayed below the traditional 'full' reply box.
(Which is also why I only tend to use three smilies - the ones I can remember Wink Huh :mand: )
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: James_H
Business customers will continue to receive a VAT invoice as standard.

That was the bit I was interested in as I manage a business account.
However my home ADSL is paid for by my company upon submission of the invoice but I can work around that Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Mand
Grafter

Hi guys,
The changes are part of a number of changes to our billing systems, most of which you will not see, but which will make the systems much more efficient and the processes much smoother.
If you need a VAT invoice, that's fine, just raise a ticket and we will arrange this. It's not an elaborate plan to get customers onto business packages or anything sinister like that. However the CSC will need a reason, so we can keep the peeps in Finance happy. Wink
MarkC
Grafter

Mand,
Do we have to raise a ticket each month, or will 1 ticket mean that we get an old style invoice rather than the new one?
Thanks,
Not applicable

I suspect the main flow of 'reasons' will be due to folks claiming stuff on expenses etc - perhaps it might be worth adding a standard ticket somewhere for people to use?
Mand
Grafter

MarkC, one ticket will mean you get old-style invoices until you request otherwise. So you won't need to raise a new ticket each month.
James, do you mean a standard text on the Help Assistant, or a response on our side?
Not applicable

The former - such as has been used in the past for requesting to take part in a trial, or to request interleaving is removed.
[me=James_H]kicks himself for not thinking of this sooner so it could have been linked to from the email...[/me]