Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New forum V New forum

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

New forum V New forum

I find this new forum layout and colours wishy washy and much prefer the old PlusNet forum which I find much easier to read. Do you agree?
41 REPLIES 41
Community Veteran

Re: New forum V New forum

There was talk of skins being available for these forums, at some time in the future.
Chilly
Community Veteran
Fixes: 62

I haven't voted since there isn't a "neither" option as I prefer the layout of the Usergroup Forum.
I do however agree about the white background - makes me want to change the colour temperature on my monitor to 6500K which gives it a light beige background.
I have at least got round the most annoying part which is the width of the centre column. Using Firefox I put in an override to make it fill the screen.
Not applicable

How do you put an override in Firefox please?  This sounds useful as I always use this browser and as you say, there is a lot of white at either side of the text.
Dusty
Grafter

I like the look of the old forum better, this is to bright. A choice of skins would be great 
Community Veteran

glloyd
Rising Star

There is an option for the user group forum now.
Quote from: Oldjim
I haven't voted since there isn't a "neither" option as I prefer the layout of the Usergroup Forum.
Community Veteran

Have done - all on my own at present
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 73

How close are we to release of alternative skins to the masses?
David
David
Community Veteran

A while I suspect. I believe we have not started building them yet due to other priorities.
lingbob
Grafter

Quote from: Dusty
I like the look of the old forum better, this is to bright. A choice of skins would be great 

I agree entirely.
Regards .....
Community Veteran

Quote from: James_H
Isn't there a way to create your own stylesheet to use against the forums via some browser trickery?

Yep... although I'm not sure I could talk someone through how to do it though!
Saturn
Grafter

I prefer the old forum layout, it seems much clearer.  Some of the text in this forum is small and not obvious.  The emoticons are a bit weird too.
Navigation doesn't seem quite as intuitive, but there again it could all be a matter of familiarity with the old forums.  I remember the old forums looked strange when they replaced the previous ones.
Undecided
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I'll certainly agree on the familiarity, the old forums have been there over 4 years so got used to them and how to get around them long long ago. If Colin will let me I might have a go at creating a new theme Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 168

I do like the old forums, however the more I use this one, the more I am warming to it. (especially if we get some new themes!!)
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.