Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New forum V New forum

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

New forum V New forum

I find this new forum layout and colours wishy washy and much prefer the old PlusNet forum which I find much easier to read. Do you agree?
41 REPLIES 41
chillypenguin
Grafter

Re: New forum V New forum

There was talk of skins being available for these forums, at some time in the future.
Chilly
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I haven't voted since there isn't a "neither" option as I prefer the layout of the Usergroup Forum.
I do however agree about the white background - makes me want to change the colour temperature on my monitor to 6500K which gives it a light beige background.
I have at least got round the most annoying part which is the width of the centre column. Using Firefox I put in an override to make it fill the screen.
Not applicable

How do you put an override in Firefox please?  This sounds useful as I always use this browser and as you say, there is a lot of white at either side of the text.
Dusty
Grafter

I like the look of the old forum better, this is to bright. A choice of skins would be great 
Oldjim
Resting Legend

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

There is an option for the user group forum now.
Quote from: Oldjim
I haven't voted since there isn't a "neither" option as I prefer the layout of the Usergroup Forum.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Have done - all on my own at present
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

How close are we to release of alternative skins to the masses?
David
David
Colin
Grafter

A while I suspect. I believe we have not started building them yet due to other priorities.
lingbob
Grafter

Quote from: Dusty
I like the look of the old forum better, this is to bright. A choice of skins would be great 

I agree entirely.
Regards .....
Colin
Grafter

Quote from: James_H
Isn't there a way to create your own stylesheet to use against the forums via some browser trickery?

Yep... although I'm not sure I could talk someone through how to do it though!
Saturn
Grafter

I prefer the old forum layout, it seems much clearer.  Some of the text in this forum is small and not obvious.  The emoticons are a bit weird too.
Navigation doesn't seem quite as intuitive, but there again it could all be a matter of familiarity with the old forums.  I remember the old forums looked strange when they replaced the previous ones.
Undecided
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

I'll certainly agree on the familiarity, the old forums have been there over 4 years so got used to them and how to get around them long long ago. If Colin will let me I might have a go at creating a new theme Smiley
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I do like the old forums, however the more I use this one, the more I am warming to it. (especially if we get some new themes!!)
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.