cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibre install - diary/problems/etc

Biomech
Dabbler

Re: New fibre install - diary/problems/etc

No sign of or mention of the data extension kit that I thought I asked PN for, but never mind.

Yeah I ordered this too but there was no mention of it, people have told me that you have to mention it when they arrive.
Just for the record, I had a guy from Cardiff, he was really good, tidy job, tested on the spot with me etc so kudos to the Cardiff engineer.
He tested the speed and said I was getting 20Mb.  To which I said thats a bit carp as the estimate was over 55Mb,
The BT speedtest IP profile of 77.44 suggests that you're syncing at the full 80Mbps so you should be getting much better than 20 or so on speedtests,

This may be irrelavent, but I had ridiculous problems with my FTTC until 20 minutes ago. I too had the TG582n router - it's a piece of shit throw it away. My profile indicated I was getting my full 40mbps yet from my devices I was only registering 6-20mbps and it fluctuated heavily. Wireless single was dying at a rate of 10% per meter - even with line of sight/same room. Tried all channels, scanned the neighbour, turned off all equipment nearby, tried everything.
Bought a new router, installed it just now and getting 37mbps on this PC over wireless 2 rooms away from the router.
FYI: TP Link WDR4300