cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibre install. Slow speed check speeds

toonspark

New fibre install. Slow speed check speeds

Hi, I had a new install of fibre today but the speed seems a bit slow. My "high speed broadband" page has a current line speed of 78Mb but after running a speed check the quickest I can get is:-  download 7.45Mbps upload 1.68Mbps with 46ms ping. Download speed about the same as my old adsl speed. Does the 10 day training period apply for fibre too. Thought I would at least get above 40Mbs download being on the same street as cabinet? 
Thanks for any help.
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New fibre install. Slow speed check speeds

Hi toonspark,
Sorry to hear about the speed issue.
Does the 10 day training period apply for fibre too.

Definitely not
I've checked the account and can't see any issues that might have caused this. I can see you've raised a fault so bear with us and our faults team will be picking that up ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
toonspark

Thanks for the quick reply Adam, I didn't finish the fault request so ill do that now. Hopefully an easy fix.
toonspark

Hi Adam, seems to have been a problem with my router. Don't know what it was though. I connected the open reach modem straight to my computer and set up a pppoe connection. Speedtest of over 45Mb :). Reconnected my router and the speeds stayed the same  Weird. Thanks for the help any way and can you cancel my help ticket.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Since you raised the fault ticket all support can do is return it to you. If you go to https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search you should find the ticket there with an "issue resolved" link beside it. Click that link to close the ticket.
David