cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibre customer, very disappointed with TG582n poor/weak signal coverage

kitz
Aspiring Pro

Re: New fibre customer, very disappointed with TG582n poor/weak signal coverage

Oops - sorry Im replying to myself, but after having had a read through other threads I guess this is the main issue
28mbit to 58mbit on avg.

..  which will probably be the reason why you dont hear many complaints until its used with FTTC wirelessly.   
Guess I'll have to up my expectations..    If Im working or doing something serious then I normally use LAN..   
Wireless is when Im more chilling or watching tv in other rooms and don't do too much other than surfing, FBing and playing games etc Cheesy 
Guess Im 'old skool' in that I like my LAN....
...  which is why it annoys me when routers only have 10/100 ports.  Angry
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Plusnet even carefully rigged up some wireless speed tests so that the 582n couldn't possibly fail.
kitz
Aspiring Pro

Cheers for that ^  I'll have a read. Smiley
In the meantime I went for a wander around my house and right to the bottom of the garden, where speeds dropped to 2.3Mbps but held on ok to the signal. 
Worst point inside the house was kitchen at around 29Mbps, but that is furthest point away in the house from where the router lives  and through the most walls so no surprise.
I was deliberately testing (admittedly not the most scientific of tests)  with the router default settings, thinking that most normal users wouldnt change these settings...  so this is going to limit me any how.
Interface Type:	802.11b/g/n
Actual Speed [Mbps]: 65
Band: 2.4GHz