cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibre broadband installed today(15/09/14),download speed same as adsl!!!

andryxa77

New fibre broadband installed today(15/09/14),download speed same as adsl!!!

Hi ,I hope some one from plusnet can help me with my problem. Bt engineer today installed a fibre broadband .I have no issue with connection,but download speed remains the same as has been previously on adsl2+ about 3 to 4 Mbps. Interestingly ,upload speed has changed to  about 7Mbps from 350kbps on adsl . My estimated download speed is 32Mbps and that what BT Wholesale  report as well. Download IP profile if I can remember  is 40Mbps and upload IP profile is 20Mbps.But current  download speed is 4 Mbps >:(. If You guys can have look into my account and reset/adjust something to boost my speed to the estimated .And before You say that I have to wait for 10 days for line  stability , I can`t see it would change much from 3Mbps to 32Mbps without your attention. The router connected  by cable to the PC(not wireless).Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6
sjptd
Grafter

Re: New fibre broadband installed today(15/09/14),download speed same as adsl!!!

Looks as if Plusnet forgot to update your profile.  Probably worth giving them a ring and they should be able to do it pretty quickly.  Otherwise, I expect one of the team will pick up on this post at some point.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: New fibre broadband installed today(15/09/14),download speed same as adsl!!!

Is there an echo in here?
andryxa77

If no one from PN team will get back to me here , I will ring them tomorrow.   

Quote:Is there an echo in here?......... Is it sarcastic in here Huh !?
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Not sarcastic, no - just the fact that two new FTTC users posted the exact same issue and I replied to the other thread almost word for word what sjptd did.
andryxa77

Just spoke on the phone to CS ,they have reset ip profile.Speed now 37Mbps :). Happy days.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi Andryxa77,
Welcome to PlusNet and the forums.  Glad that you've had your initial issue fixed.
HOWEVER, be aware that a late ADSL profile update from BTOR / BTw could get sent to PN putting you back where you were for 24 hours until the next delta report is generated.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.