cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer

tomduxbury

New customer

Hello guys, I just signed up to PlusNet and am now waiting for the migration to happen 🙂
Been tempted to do it for a while, been reading these forums and the community - staff bond seems to be great, so I am glad to be here.
I'm using the internet primarily for games, and migrated from my old C&W reseller because of some latency, packet loss & routing issues. They were really supportive but didn't really cater gamers that much. From what I've read, with gaming packets being prioritised this shouldn't be an issue with PN.
Just have a few questions, I've been talking to PN staff via the sales email and I was told about a new 'gaming' package being released on the 20th April. Apparently it's similar to the Pro package but you get a higher usage cap, I was told I could sign up on any package and then switch to this when it is released. Will this still be the case? I signed up on the Extra package today but would love to swap to the new one when it's available.
Finally, I know there will be 10 days of 'tuning', where it is recommended not to edit profile settings. The question I have is, will I be able to have Fast path right on the activation day, it is quite essential for my FPS games although I understand if it's best to leave it for 10 days. I do however have a very stable line which never drops sync unless I manually reboot the router, I have it constant plugged into the master socket.
Thanks in advance!
Tom
3 REPLIES 3
Epyon
Grafter

Re: New customer

Its the first i've heard of this gaming package though if its cater for gaming i would imagine that fastpath is enabled straight away
and yes you can upgrade you're package without any problem as far as i'm aware.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

mmm gaming package  Cheesy now this sounds good  Wink
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Welcome to the Forum Tom
PN are unable to manipulate your connect during the first 10 days, If you are on ADSL2+ you will be able to get over 900Kb upload, initially it is clamped at 400+
You can change you package once per billing month, normally at the end of the month