cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer with nearly unusable connection for 10 days. Update?

TimStephenson
Grafter

New customer with nearly unusable connection for 10 days. Update?

Is there any update for the speed issues affecting our new connection & associated support cases 78394680 / 78339715  please?
I'm keen to get it resolved as quickly as possible as the line's not been good since our connection migrated to Plus Net on 09/12/13.
It's getting beyond a joke now.
Downstream speeds vary wildly currently from 1.2Mbs to 6.7Mbs and upstream is at best 120-200Kbs. Prior to migrating our connection performed consistently, delivering a steady 6.6-6.7Mbs / 720Kbs on the same line with the same router - and had done for the previous 2-3 years... 
All in all, a long way away from the fast & reliable service you guys are supposed to be offering
It's pretty clear that removing & adding Max Premium has had little to no positive effect, so what's next? SNR reset? If so can this happen today?
Tim
11 REPLIES 11
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New customer with nearly unusable connection for 10 days. Update?

Sorry to see this is still an issue. I've submitted an SNR reset as we've agreed previously that we'd try that as the next step. These usually take a couple of hours but can take up to 24.
Please drop us a reply here if that doesn't help and I'll take another look at this for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TimStephenson
Grafter

Thanks Adam - will update you when back at home later today.
Tim
TimStephenson
Grafter

Hi Adam,
Initial impressions are that download performance seems to be a bit more consistent now but uploads are still rather slow..

Our router however is still sync'd at 832 / 8128 kbps, and has been throughout this - sync remained at the same speed consistently regardless of whether ADSL Max Premium was enabled or disabled on the account so not quite sure what's going on there...
Has the SNR reset completed yet...?
Thanks for your help!
Tim
TimStephenson
Grafter

Guessing it's a "no" to the SNR reset, or if it has happened there's very little difference..

TimStephenson
Grafter

.. and it's getting worse!

So much for Max Premium and the Pro add ons doing anything to protect/prioritise traffic!
If an SNR reset has actually been completed... what's the next step?
Also, I'm not entirely convinced that anything happened when the orders around removing or re-adding Max Premium supposedly completed? Our line didn't drop and also didn't resync at a slower speed; remaining steady at 832 / 8128 kbps throughout.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi and sorry to see this is still a problem.
I'm wondering myself if there's been an issue with the orders I placed (although both were marked as complete). We'll need to go through the faults process next to investigate this.
If you can raise a fault for us at http://faults.plus.net feel free to reply back when you have so we can push things along with that.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TimStephenson
Grafter

Hi Adam,
Just clicked through it the faults page which is telling me all necessary information has been provided.
Not sure if this means a fault is actually open so could you check & let me know?
Thanks
Tim
TimStephenson
Grafter

Hi,
Is there any update on this? Has a support case been opened? Do you need anything else from us?
Keen to get this sorted before Christmas if possible.
Tim
TimStephenson
Grafter

Hi,
Upload speeds are still pretty dire tonight and download is varying wildly from about 1.2Mb/s to 5 or 6Mbs.

Can someone please confirm that a fault has been opened, and if therefore you need anything else from me?
Tim
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,
A ticket is open with our faults team and it looks like we've got what we need. Bear with us and our faults team will be replying ASAP.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TimStephenson
Grafter

Thanks Adam