cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connection.

faite
Dabbler

New connection.

I recently migrated to Plusnet from Be with an activation date of tomorrow.
About three hours ago my router disconnected from the exchange and resync with a lower downstream and upstream. I determined this was the switch over as upstream is locked at 400k, it was much higher on Be.
I am now however without an internet connection on that line as the router just keeps picking up an internal 172.16 address for the external wan IP. Has something gone wrong with my migration or am I just being too impatient?
Any advice would be much appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
dkat

Re: New connection.

I think just impatient ...wait till tomm and see how it goes.
shalom2010
Grafter

When was your last day with BE? You should be connected to BE until the engineer rings you to tell you that he is connecting your line to fibre. Mine is due tomorrow, BE contract ends on 27th & I have full working internet
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Are you still using the Be router as it won't work with Plusnet unless you change the logon details to Plusnet
The connection settings are here http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/broadband-connection-settings.shtml#connectionSetting...
Once having changed them you may be on a capped upstream - the router stats will show that.
If this is the case it can be uncapped within 24 hours
faite
Dabbler

Thanks for the replies.
I was already out of contract with Be. They are going to take one more payment and then close the account. Plusnet activation tomorrow allegedly. No engineer called, it just simply went off and has been since about 3pm.
I'm also not on fibre as my exchange has not been enabled.
I have made the required changes on my router. It's a Netgear DGN2200M.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I suggest phoning in and ask for the line to be activated early
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi faite,
Looks like your all connected now, if you've got any questions for us give us a nudge.