cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New connection question re speeds

davvy76
Grafter

New connection question re speeds

Hi, can anyone tell me if i've been capped or is it simply dlm in action? The upload seems incredibly slow and i'm about 2.5Mbps short on the download rate from my previous sky connection.
Heres my router stats etc:

4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: New connection question re speeds

You can request an uncap of your upload by raising a ticket......or a DC member may spot this thread and do it for you.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

For your attenuation the DS speed is a little slow.  However what is disconcerting is the 21Mbps IP profile.  Problems have been encountered with through put performance where the IP is way out from the actual line speed.  As Strat suggests, a DC guy will advise further.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi davvy76,
I've placed an order for your upload speeds to be uncapped, I'd expect this to complete by tomorrow morning.
With regards to your sync speeds, we'll ideally need to wait 10 days for your initial training period to complete before looking at how we can potentially improve the speeds you're receiving.
The Speed Profile is automatically set at the highest speed setting when your line is activated, the Delta Reports will update this automatically.
davvy76
Grafter

Thanks for all the replies guys and thanks Chris for ordering an uncap  Wink