cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New broadband stuck on Hub Management page

kwyatt11

New broadband stuck on Hub Management page

Have set up new broadband after receiving confirmation email. Router is connected but every time we try to connect it takes us to the Hub Management page. There is no option to proceed and if we close the page we’re back to the start. We have put in admin password and added own login details but still unable to connect.
5 REPLIES 5
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: New broadband stuck on Hub Management page

Hi @kwyatt11, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you've been having connection issues as of recent. Checking your connection from this side I can see the router currently looks to be trying to authenticate the connection with the default authentication details. In which case, I'd recommend following the steps below on how to log into and update the details to see if this get the connection going as normal.

1) To connect to your Hub One, you will need to open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.254
If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Select the option for 'Broadband.'

4) You will see some default options, if not, please press 'Disconnect' on the right and this will allow you to change the Username and Password.

5) For your username, this should be your account username and should be in the following format: username@plusdsl.net
Your password is your account password

6) Press 'Connect' and you should be online.

Let us know how it goes.

Anaka

I got the exact same problem, plus I can’t connect the Ethernet cable to my laptop, it’s a MacBook and doesn’t have that connection port.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Anaka, I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you and also for the issues you are having with your service.

I can see that your router is also trying to connect with set up details and this just needs updating to get you connected.

I have refreshed your router details this side so if you are having issues following the steps above provided by @BD you can try factory resetting your router (press and hold in the small reset button on the back of router for approx 10 seconds).

If after 15 minutes you still aren't connected, the router will need a bit of a push to authenticate itself by the steps above being followed.

if unable to use an Ethernet connection, that's fine, just first connect your laptop to the WiFi using the details on the back of the router and you should then be able to log onto the router and complete the steps. You could also try this on another device (once connected to the WiFi) such as a phone or tablet.

Should you experience further issues please just get back to us, letting us know the error you are seeing so we can advise further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Anaka

Thank you Lauren. Now the status of the router has changed, I tried resetting it and now the long light is orange with the other small one blinking in red. Maybe my line is not yet activated? Should I just wait? Thank you
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for getting back to me @Anaka, I'm sorry you are still having issues. I can confirm the order has completed.

On the test ran earlier, your line was showing in sync (meaning the router was detecting a broadband signal) and could see the issue was due to the router not authenticating with the right details.

Upon retesting your line just now, this now shows as 'not in sync' meaning the router isn't picking up a broadband signal. Can you please advise if anything has changed since earlier (such as the set up etc) or is the only difference that the reset was done? If not already done so, can you please just check that all cables are connected and not loose?

I can see that an engineer visit has now been booked, let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team