cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New broadband account has failed to activate twice!

theonetruelord

New broadband account has failed to activate twice!

Hi there,
I recently signed up for your unlimited broadband service for the flat I have just moved in to. I have received an email from you on 2 occasions telling me my order had been cancelled, and when I phoned up I was told this was due to the current/old ISP refusing the request to hand over the line to you. What can I do about this? I understand it may have something to do with a "tag" on the line? If the order does go through this time (which would be the third time trying) I will have been without internet for a month. If it fails to go through again (which I suspect it will!) presumably I will be unable to get a service from anyone unless I can somehow work out who the previous ISP was!
Please help!
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New broadband account has failed to activate twice!

@theonetruelord
Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear about the cancelled order, I've looked into that and it seems to have been cancelled in error and not due to any particular issue such as the previous telco/ISP blocking or cancelling any requests we've made.
The new order is progressing as expected and should complete on the 16th of May.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
theonetruelord

Thanks for the reply. Why has everybody I have phoned blamed it on another company? I spoke to 3 different people and they all said the same thing "the current ISP has blocked the request for us to take over the line"
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I can only apologise for that. To be frank it looks like someone may have incorrectly gathered that to be the case and others have followed that line I'm afraid. I'm sorry if that's made you feel mislead in anyway, it certainly wasn't the intention.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
theonetruelord

It's just been cancelled AGAIN. Seriously, what is going on? This is ridiculous.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
Sorry to hear that, I'm currently chasing this up to see what has happened and why, I'll update you as soon as I can.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

As your order has been rejected again we've placed an order for a new line install so this will NOT happen again.
The only reason we have for this rejecting is that the current supplier of the line has blocked this. So this is why we've placed a new line install.
We've updated your ticket too.
theonetruelord

That's good news, thanks for your help!