Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New anti-spam features

Annie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

New anti-spam features

With these anti-spam changes that Plusnet have been doing, I am a bit concerned that I might be missing mail.
I always had the anti-spam filter turned off in the portal because I prefer to manage spam myself but I've noticed a marked decrease in the number of emails I'm getting now.
I've been waiting on a reply from Nokia for a week - I'm not sure if they just haven't emailed or if it's getting filtered out as I've sent them several messages.
Can someone reassure me that if I have turned off all the anti-spam filters in my account, that I still get ALL mail? I absolutely don't want Plusnet to manage my email.
Annie
3 REPLIES 3
Tony_W
Grafter

Re: New anti-spam features

Hi Annie,
Strangely, I too have noticed a drop in spams in the past day or so and I have got mine set to deliver spams to my spam folder.
As I remember it, PlusNet dump some 'obvious spams' before they reach the stage of the usual anti-spam filters.
There was a lively discussion about this some weeks ago -  I think it was discussed in the forums after PN first introduced Critical Path and permanently lost some customer emails.
I'm sure that Plusnet staff will be able to tell you for sure if the 'dumping' regime is still in place.
Tony
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Nothing has changed following the Critical Path roll-out. We do reject some email even if your spam settings are off though. This is nothing new and some if not all of these measures have been in place for years:

• We block email using sender-verify (where the sending domain has no valid mail records).
  • We also block on some subject lines following the Webmail incident.
  • We block against a number of rbl's, namely xbl.spamhaus.org,
    sbl.spamhaus.org and list.dsbl.org
  • We block email identified as spam by one of our anti-spam processes (Clam)

When would the Nokia reply have been sent? Could it have gone missing due to this I wonder?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Annie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Thanks for letting me know. I'll email Nokia again, just in case it got caught up in the problem you highlighted Bob.
Annie