Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Xbox 360 Elite.

scipio1st
Grafter

New Xbox 360 Elite.

Hi guys again!
Finally got the internet up and running after a very quick call to the CS. Everything is perfectly working except one thing. This thing might be simple or too stupidly complex.
I have a Netgear DG834G v4 Router/modem. Its wireless. I have my PC and Xbox 360 hooked up. I have a new Xbox Elite and would like to hook that up to the network. However this new machine will not accept any xbox 360 live. It accepts all settings (ip, etc), just fails xbox live test. The profile I use has xbox 360 live too.
Here is one reason why it will not connect. When I first received the xb 360 elite, I migrated the working profile from the older xbox, but for a reason migrated the thing back. Now that one profile has been stored on both xbox's. Would this have caused an issue.
The only other thing I can think of is either the router only accepts 1 xbox 360; which has been proven as false as I have tested just the new elite one and still nothing; OR the Elite profiles etc are corrupt. The question is, how to reset to factory standards and delete all accounts? The Initial Set-up does not work.
I have tested different leads connecting to the router. My old xbox 360, again to clarify, works fine on xbox 360 live. The new xbox just fails.
The last thought is that your network only allows 1 xbox live connection per household.
Username: Scipio1st
Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
scipio1st
Grafter

Re: New Xbox 360 Elite.

Hi, an update.
All is well. Profiles were corrupt and update was not applied. Dleted profiles, updated console. Everything works perfectly.
Service perfect up to now. Keep it up! Cheesy